Exo Mountain K4?

I wonder what was the design consideration for the new way the pack attaches to the frame? Seems more of a hassle than the K3 version, especially if you are wearing gloves.

Do you know if the K3 frames and bags will still be sold after the K4 launch?

I wonder what was the design consideration for the new way the pack attaches to the frame? Seems more of a hassle than the K3 version, especially if you are wearing gloves.

Yes - the exo guys said K3 will be supported for a couple years.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Yes, we will sell K3 Bags and components for a couple of years, or more (depending on demand).

The new bag detachment is super simple. Totally doable with gloves, but I am typically removing bulky gloves when it comes time to breaking down my pack and an animal.

We designed and tested a ton of bag/frame connections for this new frame, and obviously went with what performed best and functioned with simplicity. The older K3-style, tri-fold bag lip wouldn’t work on the new K4 frame geometry, as there is no horizontal frame bar/structure at the top of the K4 frame.

prm

WKR
Does the K4 come with all the necessary straps for using load shelf and strapping on a head?

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Stupid question, when you measure for the hip belt, do suck your gut in or stay relaxed to get an accurate measurement

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Stupid question, when you measure for the hip belt, do suck your gut in or stay relaxed to get an accurate measurement
Not stupid at all. Don’t “suck in”, but try to add enough tension that soft tissue is compressed (similar to how it would be under the pack hipbelt).