Exo Mountain K4?

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
I still wish the bags would be interchangeable with the previous frames…
The new frame design requires a different attachment method. If he was to try and make it work with old bags it would unnecessarily add weight to the frame and detract from the design. That said, I think a guy will be able to swap buckles around and attach old version bags with the new frame. It just won't be as slick and user friendly as the k4 bags on the k4 frame.

prm

WKR
So, I’ve read through most of this, but I have not seen a possible release date. Still TBD or is there a window? After not drawing for a backpack hunt two years in a row I sold my main pack (Kifaru). I currently have a Kuiu Pro 3600 but looking at Kifaru, Stone Glacier and Exo for my next 4-6 day elk/mule deer pack.

svivian

WKR
So, I’ve read through most of this, but I have not seen a possible release date. Still TBD or is there a window? After not drawing for a backpack hunt two years in a row I sold my main pack (Kifaru). I currently have a Kuiu Pro 3600 but looking at Kifaru, Stone Glacier and Exo for my next 4-6 day elk/mule deer pack.
No release date... it was stated multiple times they won't release until they think it's perfect.

sivart

WKR
I would call it semi curved. They have said the new frame will prob be slightly lighter than the K3. I love my K3. But really looking forward to trying the new design. Hoping for a belt more like Kifaru, and will really love the new water bottle pouch.

sr80

WKR
I would call it semi curved. They have said the new frame will prob be slightly lighter than the K3. I love my K3. But really looking forward to trying the new design. Hoping for a belt more like Kifaru, and will really love the new water bottle pouch.
i like the kifaru belts, but dont like their bags one bit. Ive been using SG or a long time. But will be trying this unit out once available!

Young Blood

Lil-Rokslider
I agree on the water bottle pouch. While packing out the three elk we knocked down in November this year that was my one big gripe when packing the second and third loads using only the crib panel... I had no good way to take water with me outside of stuffing a bottle in my pants pocket or trying to get a bottle to ride in my side pouch, neither of which were great options.

I agree on the water bottle pouch. While packing out the three elk we knocked down in November this year that was my one big gripe when packing the second and third loads using only the crib panel... I had no good way to take water with me outside of stuffing a bottle in my pants pocket or trying to get a bottle to ride in my side pouch, neither of which were great options.
@pods8 makes a Nalgene holder that works well on the k3 hip belt. Fits nicely right behind the hipbelt pouch.

To some people $50 is a lot of $ and hard to justify for an upgraded pack. It shouldn't be, but unfortunately it can be.
So everyone should be subject to an inferior product so you can afford to upgrade half your pack?
That just means you stick with what you got or can afford.
This isn't charity if I can't afford the superior product then I just do without. There's lots stuff I wish I could afford but I just live without it.

That doesn't mean I'm gonna ask everyone thats wants the best product to downgrade to accommodate me financially.

You don't need a pack to hunt. You don't need to hunt to live.
And if you do then tags, regulations and gear couldn't mean less to you, your poaching the 1st available animal as close as possible to your residence that you think you can get away with.

cjdewese

WKR
So everyone should be subject to an inferior product so you can afford to upgrade half your pack?
That just means you stick with what you got or can afford.
This isn't charity if I can't afford the superior product then I just do without. There's lots stuff I wish I could afford but I just live without it.

That doesn't mean I'm gonna ask everyone thats wants the best product to downgrade to accommodate me financially.

You don't need a pack to hunt. You don't need to hunt to live.
And if you do then tags, regulations and gear couldn't mean less to you, your poaching the 1st available animal as close as possible to your residence that you think you can get away with.
Wow, that escalated quickly. :) I have an exo k3 4800 that I just bought and love it. Happy with everything about it and all it's features, I was just saying that someone wishing it was backwards compatible to save some $ wasn't a terrible thing.

Merry Christmas

Wow, that escalated quickly. :) I have an exo k3 4800 that I just bought and love it. Happy with everything about it and all it's features, I was just saying that someone wishing it was backwards compatible to save some $ wasn't a terrible thing.

Merry Christmas
Lol
Sorry I'm un capable of empathy.

Merry Christmas