Exo Mountain K4?

fshaw

WKR
I'm old enough that I've carried a lot of different packs from a lot of different makers. I bought a K4, 5,000 this fall and think it's a good pack but I guess I still have a few miles to go with it before I fall in love. I agree with BRTreedogs about the two-way full length zipper. The horse shoe zipper works fine on the 5,000 but I'd trade it for a full length zipper in a ninute. On a pack with a long pack body a two way zipper is difficult to beat, if you've ever used one I'd bet that most would agree. I also understand that with EXO's roll top design, which I like, a full length zipper could be a problem to incorporate while maintaining longevity with the roll top. Always a compromise.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season.

Frank

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Happy New Year, guys! As some of you may have seen (email) or heard (podcast), we shared of our Top 5 most popular products, podcasts and videos from 2023. As part of that, we also shared some of the behind-the-scenes data that we track consistently.

1) I though some of you guys would be interested in the data. And...

2) We just wanted to thank you all for the interest/support this year. Rokslide, and specifically this thread, was a great place for us to share good info on the K4 launch this year. Whether you purchased a K4 or not, we appreciate the questions/interaction here.

All of the 2023 info: https://exomtngear.com/2023

Some of the quick stats...

010124-sales-by-model.jpg

010124-sales-by-color.jpg

010124-time-to-ship.jpg

010124-did-you-hear.jpg

It was enjoyable for us, the consumer, to see how this system came together in this thread, just the information sharing and concepts behind it made it a must have for me… you guys delivered too, the K4 certainly has lived up to the hype this thread generated

I have bought and used a lot of packs (every one that interested me) and the K4 is a stand alone system, it combines all of the aspects of different packs I’ve liked and combined it into one system, which is impressive to me.

I’m sure (positive) that I’ll have to get the next generation exo pack that you guys create, but until then, I’m not pack shopping besides maybe another bag/accessories, and this is the first time ever I haven’t been looking for something a little better.

If anyone could ever say I was a “fanboy” of any brand or product, it would certainly be exo. You guys rock and make awesome gear.

Well done to the whole exo team!

Happy New Year, guys! As some of you may have seen (email) or heard (podcast), we shared of our Top 5 most popular products, podcasts and videos from 2023. As part of that, we also shared some of the behind-the-scenes data that we track consistently.

1) I though some of you guys would be interested in the data. And...

2) We just wanted to thank you all for the interest/support this year. Rokslide, and specifically this thread, was a great place for us to share good info on the K4 launch this year. Whether you purchased a K4 or not, we appreciate the questions/interaction here.

All of the 2023 info: https://exomtngear.com/2023

Some of the quick stats...

View attachment 650325

View attachment 650326

View attachment 650328

View attachment 650329
I’m a total outlier. Favorite packs are the 2200 and 3600 in Coyote.

Hi @Mark at EXO any chance you or another rep might be at Dallas or Houston Safari Club shows coming up in next couple of weeks? Would be great to see / try on K4 in person before making decision on new pack. Also wanting to buy a “Made in America” pack and K4 looks like good potential option.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi @Mark at EXO any chance you or another rep might be at Dallas or Houston Safari Club shows coming up in next couple of weeks? Would be great to see / try on K4 in person before making decision on new pack. Also wanting to buy a “Made in America” pack and K4 looks like good potential option.
Unfortunately not. Being such a small team, we just don't have the resources to be at many shows. The closest we will be is Hunt Expo in SLC, in Feb.

I will say that I truly feel our 30 Day trial period is actually a great opportunity. The trade shows allow you to put the pack on, but you are limited to the ways we have them loaded-up (usually around 50lbs), and you only have so much time to wear it, and can't really hike in it. If you get a pack at home, you have a lot more flexibility for loading it with various weights, loading your gear, taking it for a hike, etc. And you still have great access to personal and direct help from us on any fitting/adjustment questions.

Unfortunately not. Being such a small team, we just don't have the resources to be at many shows. The closest we will be is Hunt Expo in SLC, in Feb.

I will say that I truly feel our 30 Day trial period is actually a great opportunity. The trade shows allow you to put the pack on, but you are limited to the ways we have them loaded-up (usually around 50lbs), and you only have so much time to wear it, and can't really hike in it. If you get a pack at home, you have a lot more flexibility for loading it with various weights, loading your gear, taking it for a hike, etc. And you still have great access to personal and direct help from us on any fitting/adjustment questions.
No problem at all. We made similar decision at my small company a while back for industry conferences and I definitely understand.

The 30 day trial is a great option I must have missed. I’ll definitely take advantage of that option if I get my Alaska trip locked down. Thanks again!

I have the three bigger size bags, and my favorite is still my coyote 7200. I really like the 7200 for backpack trips and the 3600 for day hunting.

See you in SLC, @Mark at EXO!
I’m considering going from 5000 to 7200. I know @Mark at EXO and Steve steer most to smaller packs i just find it annoying at times to play Tetris with my gear in middle of night if I need to move quickly. Most seasoned backpack hunters know what they need and are taking the gear they need regardless of pack. So to say you will pack more stuff if your pack is bigger probably holds true for beginner backpackers. Can’t make a pack bigger but you can make them smaller. For reference I can do 8 days in my k4 5000 but it’s full.

Last edited:

ljalberta

WKR
I’m considering going from 5000 to 7200. I know @Mark at EXO and Steve steer most to smaller packs i just find it annoying at times to play Tetris with my gear in middle of might if I need to move quickly. Most seasoned backpack hunters know what they need and are taking the gear they need regardless of pack. So to say you will pack more stuff if your pack is bigger probably holds true for beginner backpackers. Can’t make a pack bigger but you can make them smaller. For reference I can do 8 days in my k4 5000 but it’s full.
Yup. If I could only have 1 pack it would be 7k+.