Executive Gun Control Orders?

A drivers license and a car are harder to get than a gun.

I own plenty of guns and don’t plan to turn them in if anything above and beyond common sense gun reform ever passes. I appreciate the discussion occurring here that has not devolved to name calling.

I own plenty of guns and don’t plan to turn them in if anything above and beyond common sense gun reform ever passes. I appreciate the discussion occurring here that has not devolved to name calling.
A driver license and a car may MAY be harder to get if you care about the law.
But if I don't and I want to just buy or steal a car and murder people with it whats stopping me?

What reality do you live in that getting a gun to murder people with is easier then a car?

There is just no facts or logic in what you believe

Its all emotion.
And my rights do not bend a knee to emotion.

I'm gonna sign off from this conversation all I'd ask is you to look into the actual statistics on the matter, not a swayed OP-ED or something similar. You will see how irrelevant "assault weapons" are in the grand scheme of things, also how gun control has the opposite effect and actually increases violent crime in the areas it is introduced in. I.E. Chicago, california, maryland(baltimore), NYC etc...

All the of the “mass shooting” events in the last 20 years involving “legal” firearms are a drop in the bucket compared to ONE summer of “sad” shootings by gangbangers in just ONE large city in America. You can start to address the murder rate in the inner city by actually making theses turds serve their time for every time they are arrested. We used to charge people federally with 10 year minimum sentences for felon in possession. It’s still illegal to shoot someone, commit a robbery with a firearm, etc, etc. Pretty sure murder is still illegal. Problem is most of these turds shooting each other have been arrested multiple times for firearm and violence related crimes and yet are still on the street victimizing people. We have enough gun laws. We need to enforce the ones we have. Thanks to the new “wokeness” violent crime is up. Criminals are running the streets with no fear of the justice system what so ever. But hey let’s come up with new feel good legislation to make criminals out of law abiding citizens.

Not the cops on the east and west coast serving in urban areas. They're almost as anti gun as BHA lol
I assume youre kidding but I live in portland and have had nothing but positive interactions with the police regarding my right to carry over the years. Its a fairly frequent occurance not just once or twice unfortunately. Everytime we call them when ive had to draw my pistol on a drugged up bum threatening me with a weapon, they've been nothing but supportive and helpful and they truly wish they could do more to help with all the crime by our shop but their hands are tied. And its happened several times over the years. It literally happened again this evening which is why i felt compelled to post this. Its the damn politicians, they wont let the cops do their jobs.

I really wish the D's would just drop the whole gun reform issue...its a non-starter. They aren't going to do away with the 2nd and they aren't going door to door to "take our guns" away either. Sensible gun laws are not going to stop gun violence, we don't need more gun legislation.

However, the cost of the 2nd comes in the form of filling caskets in school shootings, mass shootings, just the way it is when you live in a free society that allows easy access to firearms. Just get on with building the caskets to deal with shootings when they happen and hope it isn't you, your kids, or anyone you care about when they happen. I'll take my chances and I long ago just accepted the fact that mass shootings aren't going away.

As a society we just have to live with mass shootings happening from time to time, no different than dealing with plane crashes. Its a waste of time trying to pass common sense gun legislation that will do nothing to stop mass shooting and gun violence. Just a talking point to divide...the D's need to drop the gun issue entirely, its counter productive.

Smart play is to force the hand of the politicians (all) and demand they focus on the real problem, which is mental health. Invest effort, time and money where it can actually make a difference, without trampling or attempting to take away constitutionally protected gun rights. Mental health is not a D or R issue, its a non-partisan issue that needs to be dealt with and would actually make a difference in solving all sorts of societal issues for the good of us all. IMO, any politician that isn't on board with funding mental health, or attempts to make mental health a partisan issue, should be sent packing...R, D, or I.

I'd rather argue over funding levels for mental health than common sense gun legislation....

Carry on....

I assume youre kidding but I live in portland and have had nothing but positive interactions with the police regarding my right to carry over the years. Its a fairly frequent occurance not just once or twice unfortunately. Everytime we call them when ive had to draw my pistol on a drugged up bum threatening me with a weapon, they've been nothing but supportive and helpful and they truly wish they could do more to help with all the crime by our shop but their hands are tied. And its happened several times over the years. It literally happened again this evening which is why i felt compelled to post this. Its the damn politicians, they wont let the cops do their jobs.
Exactly! It's not the cops, it's the mayor and our turd governor.

Oh, by the way.

I'm sure most of you know that Biden announced that he was appointing David Chipman to the head of the AFT.

Read this tweet from Chipman's twitter account:

"Yes. While at ATF I conducted studies involving peopled who failed background checks to determine how many later committed crimes with a gun- many did. This is a perfect opportunity to arrest people BEFORE committing crimes rather than responding after the fact."

I bolded the "Before".

Yeah, don't worry, nothing to see here.

Chipman has also deleted over 1000 texts from his twitter account during the last few days.

Using logic.....they are either the biggest morons to ever inhabit the earth, or it's all intentional. Their actions and thought processes are very much illogical for what "we" want and expect for our nation. But their actions and thought processes are very much LOGICAL..........IF their end goal is the destruction of America. There is no other logical explanation, because that's the end result of all this idiocy.
Totally agree with you.

Mental health is not a D or R issue, its a non-partisan issue that needs to be dealt with and would actually make a difference in solving all sorts of societal issues for the good of us all. IMO, any politician that isn't on board with funding mental health

I'd rather argue over funding levels for mental health than common sense gun legislation....

Carry on....
What do you mean? Can't and don't people with mental health issues seek and get help? I think public awareness programs to get people to seek help is fantastic. Americans are very high strong and neurotic. If that's harnessed in a constructive way it's like gold. Our greatest Americans have had mental health problems. There are many that fall off the tracks and need help.

Using logic.....they are either the biggest morons to ever inhabit the earth, or it's all intentional. Their actions and thought processes are very much illogical for what "we" want and expect for our nation. But their actions and thought processes are very much LOGICAL..........IF their end goal is the destruction of America. There is no other logical explanation, because that's the end result of all this idiocy.
I think most are morons and few, mostly the leaders want the destruction of the US and some are in between. It's like spectrum. The ones I've known I believe are misguided, gullible, and have poor judgment.

Oh, by the way.

I'm sure most of you know that Biden announced that he was appointing David Chipman to the head of the AFT.

Read this tweet from Chipman's twitter account:

"Yes. While at ATF I conducted studies involving peopled who failed background checks to determine how many later committed crimes with a gun- many did. This is a perfect opportunity to arrest people BEFORE committing crimes rather than responding after the fact."

I bolded the "Before".

Yeah, don't worry, nothing to see here.

Chipman has also deleted over 1000 texts from his twitter account during the last few days.

I mean, if somebody has failed a background check there is probably a pretty good reason, so if that person is no longer legally allowed to possess a firearm you are ok with them walking in and trying to buy one? I think that if somebody has had that right stripped away from them they should be arrested for a failed background check. People are arrested daily in this country for driving with a suspended license and this would be no different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could have used a bomb, could have used a plane, could have used a car.

Common responses. It’s almost always a legally purchased firearm.

Therein lies the problem with “common sense gun reform” these aren’t people using ghost guns, full autos, or any other sort of illegal weapons, these are people like you and I walking into a sporting goods store and passing a background check and purchasing their firearms. Therefore no new laws are going to stop things like this from happening, unless those laws go so far as to eliminate all private gun ownership. Hence the slippery slope “fallacy” which isn’t really a fallacy but reality, they will continue to chip away at the edges, outlawing accessories and weapons that are rarely/never used in the commission of crimes, another mass shooting will happen, liberals will cry for more rights to be stripped from honest law abiding citizens, until the point where the only thing the government can do to “protect us” is completely outlaw private gun ownership

There are nearly 300,000,000 vehicles owned in the US vs 350,000,000 guns. Vehicle related deaths out number gun related homicides nearly 3 to 1. Less than 10% of gun related homicides in the US involve a long gun of any kind.

“Common sense” has nothing to do with it if the issue is analyzed objectively.

I’m tired of ”gun violence”. Not the persons fault, they were solid citizen until the evil gun jumped in their hand and started doing evil. What happened to personal responsibility? We don’t address the cause just the knee jerk reaction to ban guns.

All the of the “mass shooting” events in the last 20 years involving “legal” firearms are a drop in the bucket compared to ONE summer of “sad” shootings by gangbangers in just ONE large city in America. You can start to address the murder rate in the inner city by actually making theses turds serve their time for every time they are arrested. We used to charge people federally with 10 year minimum sentences for felon in possession. It’s still illegal to shoot someone, commit a robbery with a firearm, etc, etc. Pretty sure murder is still illegal. Problem is most of these turds shooting each other have been arrested multiple times for firearm and violence related crimes and yet are still on the street victimizing people. We have enough gun laws. We need to enforce the ones we have. Thanks to the new “wokeness” violent crime is up. Criminals are running the streets with no fear of the justice system what so ever. But hey let’s come up with new feel good legislation to make criminals out of law abiding citizens.

Exactly this. There are NO consequences for these criminal felon thugs in the inner cities or elsewhere. These people grew up not getting spanked, probably in a singe mother household, and everyone gets a trophy.

I can’t tell you how often felon in possession get pled away or there’s no jail time. ALL THE DAMN TIME.

We need to be tough on crime period. The right person with the right attitude with strong support could turn the tide in a place like Chicago in a couple years with noticeable changes in months. Unfortunately there’s no way that will happen. Probably ever.

Really? I don't remember answering personal questions about my past or going through a national database background check to buy a car or get a DL....maybe my memory is foggy......

If d's would stop talking about guns and abortion r's would never win again.

Back