Gun control inquiry

It is crystal clear the Founding Fathers saw “government” as the ultimate evil and the biggest threat to the American people and the free way of life outlined in the U.S. Constitution they crafted. There is no question the Founders intended for the Second Amendment to be an individual right to defend the citizenry from its own government (and other threats). Heck, even NBC gets that:

Video CBS Anchor Ben Swann Reality Check On Second Amendment | The Daily Caller

About the only issue the recent DMC did agree on was gun control using bogus rhetoric about gun violence to justify confiscation of your weapons. I have an interesting question that nobody seems to be able to answer: At what point does the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights legally mandate that the citizenry of the United States of America use lethal force to ensure the protection of our Constitution from domestic threats? Any legal scholars out there care to respond?

Our Constitution has been ignored, compromised and unprotected for decades (which is how we got to this point) and even the Supreme Court is partisan now so I ask you, if a gun confiscation action were implemented (via Presidentail executive order or signing of an international arms treaty or using any other method) would you comply or would you not comply and turn in your firearms? Would you fight and die if armed troops supported by armored vehicles arrived at your residence to seze your guns or would you preemptively hunt and kill those responsible and supportive of its passage for treason? If there’s another option I can’t think of it so please enlighten me.

I question whether the downsizing of the military by the Democratic Party is intentional to prevent an overthrow of corrupt government officials (like we saw in Egypt when the people and military joined forces to defend their Constitution). Is this why Obamacare included creation of an army for domestic use? Could the Dept. of Homeland Defense (perhaps supported by NATO troops) be intended for the disarming of U.S. citizens? At that point are we not subjects rather than citizens?

American history is rich with tales of brave men and women doing incredible things to defend freedom and fight oppression. But I fear we have lost our “sand” and that creature comforts and electronic dfistractions combined with educational system brainwashing and the loss of morality within our society have softened us to the point of lambs. And we all know were lambs are led to.

Your thoughts on the matter?

CorbLand

WKR
There is no legal point at which it states you have to or can stand against the Government. Thats the whole point of the US, its that the government can't tell you when you can and can't stand for or against something. WE, the citizens of the greats country on earth, can stand, and use lethal force against the Government when want. The kicker is you have to win in order to be seen as the hero.

While I am not a huge Glenn Beck fan, his book "Control" is excellent. Our country is shifting rapidly into a control direction. How else would a sanders canidate do so well. Hell listen to the democratic nominee. Her speech is all about "taking care of you". Sit back and let the govt do the work. Do not set goals or dreams, the govt will do it for you. Gun control is coming one little step at a time. Make no mistake about it. Unfortunately the American public will only care once it is too late.

Buckman

WKR
Its all really scary stuff. The thought of our own police and military gunning down its own citizens makes my blood run cold. I think it would have to happen in large numbers before the citizens would stand en mass and fight. There weapons are just so much better than the average person and they have the training.

pete

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure if I understand your initial position, you could make a very strong argument that, if anything, the trend is towards gun rights, not gun control. And btw, it was only relatively recently that the Supreme Court clarified that the 2A guaranteed an individual right to bear arms in heller v dc. Courts in the past most definitely did not take that position.
I think you're putting too much stock in the presidency, every other level of govt is dominated by R's.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
I'm not sure if I understand your initial position, you could make a very strong argument that, if anything, the trend is towards gun rights, not gun control. And btw, it was only relatively recently that the Supreme Court clarified that the 2A guaranteed an individual right to bear arms in heller v dc. Courts in the past most definitely did not take that position.
I think you're putting too much stock in the presidency, every other level of govt is dominated by R's.

I am attempting to take the pulse of folks on this issue however nobody as yet has actually answered my question regarding how they would respond to a concerted gun confiscation effort.

Last edited:
I imagine most people would react the same way they did when it happened in New Orleans.
On another note who in their right mind would willingly post on the internet for all to see (incl. the gov't) that they would revolt against their gov't?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one that has ever raised arms against another human being will be hard pressed contemplate a time they would take arms against thier own countryman.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I always wonder why guns is the tipping point? You can look at the constitution and republicans and dems have both pissed all over a lot of it, and for the most part it's been taken in the shorts bye citizens. Why are guns the presumed tipping point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2ski

WKR
Why is the constitution and the founding fathers talked about in the same reverence as God and the Bible as an infallible, perfect document? And even then, its like the Bible is allowed to be open to more interpretation than the Constitution. I'm not saying they weren't right and didn't write a great document, but its like people act like they were these completely perfect people and even they added a means to amend and change the constitution. I truly am interested to know what the pulse of the founding fathers would be in this day and age. What would their feelings be on assault weapons? Background checks? I don't know. Just a thought I've had for a while. I would argue there are some very smart people on both sides of the aisle now and they can't agree on gun control. What makes us think that the founding fathers would agree 100% on issues of today.

fire652

WKR
Just look at what Obama did with the Itar registration. It just put one of my buddies out of business. The gun grab is coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk