Ex-Officio vs Buck Naked boxer briefs

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
Need a comparison from guys who have owned both. I live by the Gulf coast of Texas and I bought some Ex-Officio and they are awesome for heat, fit, comfort and stank. Good Lord willing, we are going on an archery elk hunt in New Mexico 2016 so I would like to build up my supply. I have been reading up on the Buck Naked brand and Duluth Trading is running a sale on them and am thinking of buying a few pair. STP is also running a sale and they are even $6.00 a pair less than Buck Naked's sale price. Would like to hear any pros or cons. thanks.

Last edited:
I know you asked for people that have tried both, and thats not me, but I will add my 2 cents, so take it for what its worth.

I have never tried the Buck Naked ones you speak of, but I have a pair of ExOfficio Give-n-Go boxer briefs. They are pretty good, but I actually much prefer my Mothwing ones. They fit me a little better and the fabric is more comfortable. I got them off camofire for $13 a pair (not sure where else to find them). I bought one pair just to test out and then bought 2 more after trying them. I see them on camofire every once in and I'll probably pick up a few more pairs. Not to mention, they are Mountain Mimicry :D

The one pair that I will not be buying again is the Sitka Core Silk-Weight boxers. The legs are too short so they tend to ride up too much, and I feel like I'm wearing a pair of those "boy shorts" that girls wear.

OP
K

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Cornfed. I love the ex-officio in this Texas heat. May keep an eye open for the Mothwing to make a comparison.

lcxctf2000

Lil-Rokslider
I own, or have owned/used, ExO, DTC, Pata, and IceBreakers boxer briefs. I currently only have DTC as they have proven to be the most comfortable, durable, and funk free option for me.

That said, they are all great options and if you can get the ExO for $6 less per pair than the DTC you'd be silly not to buy ExO.

colonel00

WKR
Use a better coupon code at STP and you should be able to get them down close to $12 I think. Try the code UUE46387 That actually makes them $12.95 and $.99 shipping

The Exo's can also be found on Amazon quite often around that price range or a little more maybe.

OP
K

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
Found this old thread and decided to up date it. DTC was running a sale on Buck Naked so i ordered a couple of pair to do my own test. Well, after being put to the test, comfort and price Exofficio win out. Even while on sale I can still get the Exofficio for $6 less on STP when you catch the sales. The Buck Naked waist band seems to want to roll on me while the Ex don't. Plus they run small to size. Just thought I would share.

Last edited:

jspradley

WKR
I have 2 pair of ex officio and they were awesome but turned into ball hugging wedgie machines after a few months...not sure what the heck happpned...I know I didn't get that much fatter...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk