Everyone is being Brainwashed- Jocko Willink

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Without going totally off the rails; think whatever you want about Jocko and his online persona. I don't trust or believe anyone that I don't know personally. His message conveys here because "we" are his audience. No different than liberals indulging Bernie Sanders or the like.
I don't trust anyone, and I preach that to my grandkids. This world is full of people who are out for themselves, the minute you give them the benefit of the doubt, they show their true colors. Trust absolutely no body.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Why would many top tech execs limit their kids exposure to the internet?

They know kids are being brainwashed- they are on the front lines and see it- in fact many of their business models are based on it. (If anyone knows the name of that excellent documentary on this, please post)

But anyone here shooting the messenger or questioning Jocko’s legitimacy should watch his TED talk above first…good dude.
I think you’re referring to the Social Dilemma.

If anyone is interested in a book on the subject, “Like War: The Weaponization of Social Media” is probably some of the best insight I’ve found and it’s a pretty engaging/easy read.

If any frogs want to see what is on the outside of our pot, crazy stuff

Yoder

WKR
If you have conservative values, love our country, respect the military, respect hard work, discipline and good leadership I don't know how you could not like Jocko. Have you even listened to the man? I'm glad he's an influencer. He's the kind of influence this generation of useless children desperately needs. He not only is trying to make money, he tries to set a good example. He fought in the war. Had many of his friends die. He is the real deal. He is someone that is good in this world. Jocko Willink, Joe Rogan, David Goggins, Jordan Peterson and Shawn Ryan are some of my all time favorite people to listen to. Comparing any of these men to a bag of sh*t like Bernie Sanders makes me sick to my stomach.

I think many of you are just crabs in the pot. Anyone who is successful, you just want to pull back down. I think the same thing with all the trashing of Cam Haines. How he's not a real hunter. How you don't need to be fit to kill elk or shoot every day. He's a better hunter than almost ALL of you. Just because you don't have the money to hunt a private ranch you trash him. He doesn't need a private ranch to kill anything but It's way better than public land so why not? He is an great example of the American dream. A guy who managed to make a living off of bow hunting. How awesome is that?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

JjamesIII

WKR
A pretty powerful podcast/ Youtube video with Jocko Willink and Tusi Gabbard Titled, Everyone is Being Brainwashed

They discuss how powerful the internet is in shaping our opinions and the ‘why’ these algorithms are so dangerous.

Besides the examples they give it can be applied to everything. We need to retain our critical thinking skills…AND protect our kids from these algorithms that can literally wreck young minds.
Don’t let your impressionable kids be raised by their phones. I see so many parents addicted thoroughly 100% and in denial they have a problem. Marketing people love the influence our phones have on us. Let’s just put chips in all of us to make it more “convenient” for everybody at this point. Plug everyone in like it’s the matrix and be done with it. Parents don’t seem to give a damn and have given up.

SDHNTR

WKR
If you have conservative values, love our country, respect the military, respect hard work, discipline and good leadership I don't know how you could not like Jocko. Have you even listened to the man? I'm glad he's an influencer. He's the kind of influence this generation of useless children desperately needs. He not only is trying to make money, he tries to set a good example. He fought in the war. Had many of his friends die. He is the real deal. He is someone that is good in this world. Jocko Willink, Joe Rogan, David Goggins, Jordan Peterson and Shawn Ryan are some of my all time favorite people to listen to. Comparing any of these men to a bag of sh*t like Bernie Sanders makes me sick to my stomach.

I think many of you are just crabs in the pot. Anyone who is successful, you just want to pull back down. I think the same thing with all the trashing of Cam Haines. How he's not a real hunter. How you don't need to be fit to kill elk or shoot every day. He's a better hunter than almost ALL of you. Just because you don't have the money to hunt a private ranch you trash him. He doesn't need a private ranch to kill anything but It's way better than public land so why not? He is a great example of the American dream. A guy who managed to make a living off of bow hunting. How awesome is that?
I have nothing against these men personally. I have everything against the mere concept of an influencer and social media influence and anyone who allows these people to have any influence. It’s all toxic. And the irony about them preaching how toxic it is, while being an active participant in the toxicity, is laughable. It all needs to go away. These people need to get real jobs and fade back into obscurity. And the end user needs to stop clicking their mouse and feeding the dragon.

I also take issue with those who use their military service (which I value tremendously and have the utmost respect for) for personal gain and selfish notoriety. The Jockos and Andy’s of the world need to simply let history do the talking and not their big mouths. What about our Fathers who stormed the Mekong Delta and our Grandfathers charging the beach at Normandy? Did they profiteer their valiant service? No, they let honor speak for itself, as it should. Sure, you’ve carried the Big Stick, and for that I am eternally grateful, but now speak softly for goodness sake! These guys are screaming! I personally find the whoredom disrespectful and an affront to the US military.

Last edited:
I have nothing against these men personally. I have everything against the mere concept of an influencer and social media influence and anyone who allows these people to have any influence. It’s all toxic. And the irony about them preaching how toxic it is, while being an active participant in the toxicity, is laughable. It all needs to go away. These people need to get real jobs and fade back into obscurity. And the end user needs to stop clicking their mouse and feeding the dragon.
I couldn't agree more... its a massive conflict of interest and no one bats an eye at it.

I guess everyone else is toxic but him... sound familiar? I'm not surprised some of the same people who bought it from one person will buy it from another.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
I’m curious…what part of his message I posted is trying to sell you anything except self improvement, namely self awareness and being responsible for your actions?

How is being self aware of internet messaging bad?
How is taking responsibility for your mistakes a bad thing?

Comparing this to “Celebrity hunters” like Haines or a Dudley that mention their sponsors like HECs clothing in every other breath.

SDHNTR

WKR
I’m curious…what part of his message I posted is trying to sell you anything except self improvement, namely self awareness and being responsible for your actions?

Comparing this to “Celebrity hunters” like Haines or a Dudley that mention their sponsors like HECs clothing in every other breath.
It’s not just this message, which in and of itself is not bad, it’s the whole persona, the “personal branding” that is off putting, imo.

I agree with most of what you said. But, you could do away with all of social media tomorrow and we would still have "influencers." Just the same as we did before social media. Look at the super bowl ads or any add on TV. Most of them included celebrities (influencers). We can go back to the old model and these influencers (actors, musicians, etc.) will all be 100% hand-picked by the heads of liberal media and liberal record labels. Without social media, people like Jocko and Jordan Peterson would not exist because their message does not align politically with big media. The youth of this world would just be fed what the large media corps pick and choose. That's a scary thought.

At the end of the day, like it or not, celebrities have influence on the majority of the population and especially the youth. Good luck changing that. The code was cracked, and the model was laid out well before social media was around. We can scream at the sky all we want, but the youth are not turning off the phones or the TV. People like Jocko, Peterson, etc who preach accountability, masculinity, and leaving the cave to kill something and drag it home are the silver lining in the social media realm (which isn't going anywhere) as far as I'm concerned. And their message has literally changed the lives of tens of millions of Americans. A message that would otherwise be obscure and non-existent without social media. We could argue if this country would be worse off or better if people were just fed the hand-picked garbage from liberal media corps without free speech (mostly) alternatives that social media has allowed. I'd almost say we'd be worse off.

It's always an interesting dynamic watching people on a social media site complain about social media. I think we all have people on this site we recognize as a trustworthy resource on certain topics. By definition, they would be influencers on this site. We're all feeding the dragon, so to speak. And I'm OK with feeding such a dragon when the message aligns with my values.

SDHNTR

WKR
I agree with most of what you said. But, you could do away with all of social media tomorrow and we would still have "influencers." Just the same as we did before social media. Look at the super bowl ads or any add on TV. Most of them included celebrities (influencers). We can go back to the old model and these influencers (actors, musicians, etc.) will all be 100% hand-picked by the heads of liberal media and liberal record labels. Without social media, people like Jocko and Jordan Peterson would not exist because their message does not align politically with big media. The youth of this world would just be fed what the large media corps pick and choose. That's a scary thought.

At the end of the day, like it or not, celebrities have influence on the majority of the population and especially the youth. Good luck changing that. The code was cracked, and the model was laid out well before social media was around. We can scream at the sky all we want, but the youth are not turning off the phones or the TV. People like Jocko, Peterson, etc who preach accountability, masculinity, and leaving the cave to kill something and drag it home are the silver lining in the social media realm (which isn't going anywhere) as far as I'm concerned. And their message has literally changed the lives of tens of millions of Americans. A message that would otherwise be obscure and non-existent without social media. We could argue if this country would be worse off or better if people were just fed the hand-picked garbage from liberal media corps without free speech (mostly) alternatives that social media has allowed. I'd almost say we'd be worse off.

It's always an interesting dynamic watching people on a social media site complain about social media. I think we all have people on this site we recognize as a trustworthy resource on certain topics. By definition, they would be influencers on this site. We're all feeding the dragon, so to speak. And I'm OK with feeding such a dragon when the message aligns with my values.
I don’t see this as a social media site. This is a niche where people come to discuss matters exclusive to this niche. It is not broad reaching in the way of FB, TicTok, IG, YT, Twitter, Spotify, etc. people don’t stumble into being exposed to Rokslide.

I also very much disagree with your point that the “get out of the cave” message would be non existent without SM. In fact I believe the opposite. We used to have this message sung loudly by our Fathers and Grandfathers, long before SM. And THAT is the problem. Where are the Fathers and Grandfathers now? And why is their influence lesser than these douches on SM? That right there is why society is circling the drain. I refuse to let it happen in my family!

*zap*

WKR
I am not a pod cast listener at all and not really a fan of jocko. But, I am not going to say a bad word about a seal combat vet on a forum....that is not going to happen, ever.
If you got someone giving a podcast on how to stop the liberal tide in it's tracks that is something I would listen too...a well thought out plan of action.

Rob5589

WKR

If one needs the internet to learn those things they are already lost. The irony is that he speaks to the evils of the internet, on the internet.

Stop looking for "online heroes" and start looking to your father, grandfather, worthy friends, etc.

Flyjunky

WKR
I don’t see this as a social media site. This is a niche where people come to discuss matters exclusive to this niche. It is not broad reaching in the way of FB, TicTok, IG, YT, Twitter, Spotify, etc. people don’t stumble into being exposed to Rokslide.

I also very much disagree with your point that the “get out of the cave” message would be non existent without SM. In fact I believe the opposite. We used to have this message sung loudly by our Fathers and Grandfathers, long before SM. And THAT is the problem. Where are the Fathers and Grandfathers now? And why is their influence lesser than these douches on SM? That right there is why society is circling the drain. I refuse to let it happen in my family!
While I 100% agree with what you said I would much rather have those who don’t have good influences in their life to listen to what Jocko has to say than most other people. At least there is someone who they might turn to get some good info.

SDHNTR

WKR
If one needs the internet to learn those things they are already lost. The irony is that he speaks to the evils of the internet, on the internet.

Stop looking for "online heroes" and start looking to your father, grandfather, worthy friends, etc.
Amen brother!