Ethics in hunting, the story of my once in a lifetime Buck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we are talking about the importance of adhering to hunter ethics, I am curious what the hunter's handbook of ethics says about wounding and leaving animals overnight? I know hunters are forced to leave animals overnight sometimes due to larger predators or poor shot placement, and it is always a gamble as to what you will find when you return. I would be willing to bet that this buck of a lifetime is not in Grizz country, so I am curious what's the rush to get back home after a "buck of a lifetime" has been arrowed @ 23 yards?
I am overly paranoid about not harvesting or losing an animal, so when I get an arrow in something I do not leave the mountain until I absolutely have to. The trouble with big deer today is you are usually not the only one watching them (especially if this is in the unit I'm guessing). I doubt you will get any closure on this but can't wait to hear if pounding on the internet brings your deer home. good luck

Matt Browers was a pretty cool guy, I want to get that out there. He was maybe more handsome than me, definitely taller and more athletic. Plus he just moved to our town and was new to school, so he had that new and exciting thing going for him. But he didn't have too much going on between the ears. All that being said, I don't blame him. I should have spent the summer in the gym instead of dunking worms.

well_known_rokslider

Lil-Rokslider
Matt Browers was a pretty cool guy, I want to get that out there. He was maybe more handsome than me, definitely taller and more athletic. Plus he just moved to our town and was new to school, so he had that new and exciting thing going for him. But he didn't have too much going on between the ears. All that being said, I don't blame him. I should have spent the summer in the gym instead of dunking worms.
Good for you exercising those demons, friend. Rest easy now.

I would hope that most on here are not like the OP and his homies. Is it ethical to take a iffy shot just before dark? Is it ethical to then leave an animal to waste overnight? Is it ethical to then blame someone else for what "you" think happened? Is it ethical to make up lies about an investigation to try to get someone to think you are a victim? Man up!
You are really hung up on leaving an animal overnight.... Sometimes shhit happens and it is a much smarter move to leave an animal over night vs. bumping him into the next county. The fact that you think leaving an animal overnight is taboo, shows that you are pretty inexperienced. It is not an ideal situation, but losing a little meat is a much better proposition vs. losing the WHOLE animal. Maybe it's different in Idaho, but I know plenty of very accomplished guides and what I consider, great hunters, that have left animals over night. I am thinking you are just trolling the OP because this whole thread appears to be a Troll, or atleast I hope you are.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You are really hung up on leaving an animal overnight.... Sometimes shhit happens and it is a much smarter move to leave an animal over night vs. bumping him into the next county. The fact that you think leaving an animal overnight is taboo, shows that you are pretty inexperienced. It is not an ideal situation, but losing a little meat is a much better proposition vs. losing the WHOLE animal. Maybe it's different in Idaho, but I know plenty of very accomplished guides and what I consider, great hunters, that have left animals over night. I am thinking you are just trolling the OP because this whole thread appears to be a Troll, or atleast I hope you are.
I'm gonna bet that 87TT has probably killed 100x the animals you have, yet you're calling him inexperienced for voicing HIS OPINION? This thread just keeps on giving

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
Or you should have used a bigger worm? not saying just saying :unsure:

I'm gonna bet that 87TT has probably killed 100x the animals you have, yet you're calling him inexperienced for voicing HIS OPINION? This thread just keeps on giving

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Could care less... Claiming that leaving an animal over night, after a marginal shot is unethical is inaccurate.

fwafwow

WKR
I don’t have meme making skills. Someone please make me a Jerry springer dna test results meme.
63fx46.jpg

fwafwow

WKR
Seriously - let's not let the OP divide us (perhaps his intent) and argue about tangents that could cause this thread to get shut down - just before the OP updates it with the final details. Wait for it

Mtnboy

WKR
I wonder what Matt Rinella would think of this situation and the motivation to get this buck back for Social Media fame...

Status
Not open for further replies.