Ethics in hunting, the story of my once in a lifetime Buck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
634jpp.jpg

I did and I still don't see a crime if an individual also shot a wounded animal after the OP wounded it. Maybe I'm missing someone what you're trying to say though...?
The person who took it didnt shoot it, unless I missed that part. Thats a crime in ID.

ljalberta

WKR
I did and I still don't see a crime if an individual also shot a wounded animal after the OP wounded it. Maybe I'm missing someone what you're trying to say though...?

I think what he was saying was that the officer identified only a single wound - that of the original poster’s.

rob86jeep

WKR
I think what he was saying was that the officer identified only a single wound - that of the original poster’s.
I doubt an officer would spend the time to identify if a field dressed animal had more than one wound. Game wardens are spread really thin and even if that was a crime, I doubt they would let it would occupy any of their time.

rob86jeep

WKR
Understood. I don't think a game warden would spend the time/resources to examine a field dressed buck to see how many wounds it had because someone said "that was their deer." I could be wrong as I'm not a a game warden, but I doubt it.

Understood. I don't think a game warden would spend the time/resources to examine a field dressed buck to see how many wounds it had because someone said "that was their deer." I could be wrong as I'm not a a game warden, but I doubt it.
Who said it was field dressed? Head and cape were gone and some meat. Thats not field dressed to me. Pretty easy to tell how many holes are in a deer.

Rob5589

WKR
Who said it was field dressed? Head and cape were gone and some meat. Thats not field dressed to me. Pretty easy to tell how many holes are in a deer.
I'm have the same thought; why is IDFG making such a big deal of this? Now, if they have a person/suspect with said deer and are trying to determine the proper killer of said deer then it makes sense. Necropsy, dna, just to say, "Yep, that's your deer." Doesn't add up, unless like I said, they have a suspect. Or is it possible the OP is vying for a replacement tag??

I'm have the same thought; why is IDFG making such a big deal of this? Now, if they have a person/suspect with said deer and are trying to determine the proper killer of said deer then it makes sense. Necropsy, dna, just to say, "Yep, that's your deer." Doesn't add up, unless like I said, they have a suspect. Or is it possible the OP is vying for a replacement tag??
You can get a replacement tag if someone takes a deer you killed?

Moserkr

WKR
Two guys watching the entire area where the buck went and see absolutely nothing - no buck - no people- nothing.

Some else magically knows buck died AND knows where it is, all in the cover of darkness?

Yeah something isn't adding up.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Yup smells fishy. Maybe why theres an investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.