Elk or Deer?

Krcooke92

FNG
In y’all’s opinion what would you rather hunt, elk in September or high country mule deer what would y’all consider easier. Not just any rag horn elk or mule deer I’m talking about 300”+ bulls and 170”+ deer

I like deer way better. One of the most frustrating hunts I've done was an elk hunt in September. Seeing 350"+ bulls and only being able to get within 100 yards day after day. Then your brother kills the bull you want to kill!

Elk for me, but not by a large margin… easier? With your criteria, both will be extremely difficult dyi on public land unless you draw a very coveted tag for the respective species… especially in country you aren’t very familiar with.

Deer the first couple days of September and elk mid month.

When it comes to just killing them, there's no question that it's "easier" to kill a rutting bull with your bow in September than it is to kill a mature Mule Deer with your bow in the high country. Pack out is obviously harder with elk.

Jdoud033

FNG
Theres definitely challenges in both and i dont think one would be easier than the other... But if i could only pick one, it'd be elk. I think they taste better 😁

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
In y’all’s opinion what would you rather hunt, elk in September or high country mule deer what would y’all consider easier. Not just any rag horn elk or mule deer I’m talking about 300”+ bulls and 170”+ deer
I’ll eat elk before deer every time