Elk Calling & Tactics Webinar!

ElkNut1

WKR
Hey Guys, just a heads up, we have a free Elk Calling/Tactics Webinar with Kody from Bornandraised Outdoors & Paul (ElkNut). It's a good opportunity to hone your calling skills & how to choose the right Tactic for specific situations. Spot & Stalk will also be entertained this way we cover all the bases! Nothing one dimensional here.

This is open to those who have the ElkNut Mobile App, it's a way to show our appreciation for your support. We really appreciate you guys, without you there would be no App, thank you!

It will be at 7 p.m. Aug 9th -- you must register on the App to attend. This is done by going to any Elk Sound & clicking on it, now scroll down, you will see registration there. Don't delay & be left out. Thank you in advance!

P.S. The New Version of the App is almost complete! It has a whole New facelift & 2 dozen new video clips to assist you in this years elk hunts & much more. This is a game changer!

ElkNut

Read1t48

WKR
Thanks, Paul. Great opportunity. I’ve had your app for a long time and it has been immensely helpful. I have been using it quite a bit but didn’t even notice the link for the webinar. Thanks for the heads up post.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Thanks guys! It should be fun & informative times!

Read1t48, I think it's only been up for 2-3 days so it would have been easy to miss! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Anyone have an encounter or a specific Tactic they'd like discussed during the webinar? If so let me know & I'll be sure it's covered. Thanks!

3- Slow Played Bulls & one Advertise/Display bull. DIY Public land. Yes, calling works when done right! All 4 taken in their bedding areas. I called them from the perimeter; not entering the actual bedding spots!

ElkNut/Paul

Attachments

• Photo Sep 02, 9 42 02 AM.jpg
    Photo Sep 02, 9 42 02 AM.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 2018 bull OTC!.JPG
    2018 bull OTC!.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0932.JPG
    IMG_0932.JPG
    738.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 2018 Paul II 5pt Bull ID.JPG
    2018 Paul II 5pt Bull ID.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 44

gostovp

WKR
Anyone have an encounter or a specific Tactic they'd like discussed during the webinar? If so let me know & I'll be sure it's covered. Thanks!

3- Slow Played Bulls & one Advertise/Display bull. DIY Public land. Yes, calling works when done right! All 4 taken in their bedding areas. I called them from the perimeter; not entering the actual bedding spots!

ElkNut/Paul
Hi Paul, I registered for the webinar, thanks for all that you do! Love the app and the content you provide.

One thing I would like to see covered is what tactic(s) you would use when you have a pretty good idea elk are in area ( fresh sign) and the rut is “supposed” to be ramping up ( let’s say Sept 10th to say the 20th) and the bulls are just not bugling… likely because of hunting pressure … have you ever run into this scenario and what tactics did you use ? Would it be some variation of the slow-play?

Hey Guys, just a heads up, we have a free Elk Calling/Tactics Webinar with Kody from Bornandraised Outdoors & Paul (ElkNut). It's a good opportunity to hone your calling skills & how to choose the right Tactic for specific situations. Spot & Stalk will also be entertained this way we cover all the bases! Nothing one dimensional here.

This is open to those who have the ElkNut Mobile App, it's a way to show our appreciation for your support. We really appreciate you guys, without you there would be no App, thank you!

It will be at 7 p.m. Aug 9th -- you must register on the App to attend. This is done by going to any Elk Sound & clicking on it, now scroll down, you will see registration there. Don't delay & be left out. Thank you in advance!

P.S. The New Version of the App is almost complete! It has a whole New facelift & 2 dozen new video clips to assist you in this years elk hunts & much more. This is a game changer!

ElkNut
Good to know, thanks!

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR

gostovp -- Thanks for the question!​

You bet I encounter those times every year, nothing new at all sir. In situations when I know bulls & cows are within earshot (within a 1/2 mile) I go directly to the Cow Party, in most cases it will suck them right in when ones setup & sounds fit the situation. I've called in countless branched bulls, spikes & cows in your exact scenario.

Pressured areas are pressured areas, you gotta use common sense & be mindful of other hunters around. I prefer no hunters around so I do my best to separate myself from them even though I may be working those same elk they are. I like finding those small areas of seclusion yet not that far away from others. This allows me to go through my sequence confidentially.

You'll see the exact sounds I & we use depending if solo or with others. This isn't the kind where you just sit back & sling a few mews out there, there's a technique I use that works very well. This is in video form on setup in the woods with solo & multiple hunters on the New Version of the ElkNut Mobile App coming out Aug 1st! Hope this helps!

ElkNut

gostovp

WKR

gostovp -- Thanks for the question!​

You bet I encounter those times every year, nothing new at all sir. In situations when I know bulls & cows are within earshot (within a 1/2 mile) I go directly to the Cow Party, in most cases it will suck them right in when ones setup & sounds fit the situation. I've called in countless branched bulls, spikes & cows in your exact scenario.

Pressured areas are pressured areas, you gotta use common sense & be mindful of other hunters around. I prefer no hunters around so I do my best to separate myself from them even though I may be working those same elk they are. I like finding those small areas of seclusion yet not that far away from others. This allows me to go through my sequence confidentially.

You'll see the exact sounds I & we use depending if solo or with others. This isn't the kind where you just sit back & sling a few mews out there, there's a technique I use that works very well. This is in video form on setup in the woods with solo & multiple hunters on the New Version of the ElkNut Mobile App coming out Aug 1st! Hope this helps!

ElkNut
Paul, I’m rewatching some sequences in the app… quick question… what’s the difference between the Cold Calling sequence and the Cow Party other than the Cold Calling does have some bull sounds thrown in? Is there a situation where one would be used over the other? At the end of the Cow Party video you state it can be used to ‘troll’ for elk … can the Cold Calling accomplish the same?

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Yes, you can Troll with any Tactic or Sequence but it can be a crap shoot if no elk are within earshot!

The Cow Party is an elk magnet! I prefer this in many situations because there's no bull tending this group of loose cows & calves. It can attract Any Elk. Of course I'd use it when I knew or really felt elk were around.

Cold Calling is no more than a low base Breeding Sequence. There are situations that are better when a Bull is represented in the group especially when you want to plant the seed you may have a hot cow in your presence!

When hunting dark/thick brushy/timber areas calling can be crucial in many instances. I prefer elk coming to me than me going to them when hunting thick noisy terrain. It has worked out well for us over the years!

ElkNut