Electric power washers

hunt1up

WKR
I have a Stihl corded one. Works great. Nice and light and has enough power for average jobs. I had a gas one as well and sold that. The Stihl does just fine.

I have a battery Dewalt one and it’s crap.

All the plastic case portables you see are just OK.
I have one mounted to the wall in the garage that is an actual 110 AC motor with the pump mounted to it. Was a cart style unit and I removed cart and plumbed in.
You need a 20 amp circuit with a slow blow fuse but this think works great.

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
We have a few of the echos and they are great for what they are, easy and convenient. I have a bigger simpson for jobs that i need to hammer somthing but 90% of the time the echo is plenty

I've built electric ones that make your average gas unit seem like a toy.

What are you looking at, and what are you trying to do?

WCB

WKR
We have a little 1.1gpm 1800 psi electric one. Wash the car with it...the side walk. Spray the trailers off, wheeler, lawn mower etc for just basic cleaning to a bit dirty. Little electric one is perfect for doing euro mounts and fleshing a few hides also.

Any big job like washing the house/windows, heavy mud on vehicles, wheeler, trailers etc gets done with our gas one.

For 99% of people a decent electric one will do what they need it to do.

OP
J

JPB3

FNG
Wife wants it to wash walks, outdoor furniture, brick walls, etc.. Pretty much average homeowner use..

Be nice if I could wash tractors and trailers but that might be asking too much..

wyoguy

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking at the Westinghouse Electric ones 3200 version they have good reviews. I have a gasser that is on its last leg was leaning on going with a Westinghouse when it's time.

Look at em like they are a badass garden hose and you will be happy.

Buy one thinking its going to replace your hotsy and you will just shake your head and laugh.
Wife wants it to wash walks, outdoor furniture, brick walls, etc.. Pretty much average homeowner use..

Electric would be perfect for that

Be nice if I could wash tractors and trailers

LOL

I just get the flavor of the month on Amazon, try to keep around $100...they last about 18-24 months before they shit the bed...then I get a new one...have one at each house...YMMV

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
YMMV but I bought one several years ago from Lowe's, electric, and it works fine. It can sometimes be stubborn to turn on but if you turn on the water first and let it fill the hose, then hit the trigger, you're good. The wife is a maniac with it, wants to power wash everything and many things she shouldn't. She's cut up wood decking, ground the finish off concrete.... and on and on... yet she argues that she does not need supervision. She's the youngest of three sisters and it shows.

Dogone

FNG
Ask about working pressure. As I recall my Stihl is 2200 and my old gas was 2600. Electric Stihl does all I need on farm without the annoyance of the gas engine.

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Husqvarna from Costco. I’ve been happy with mine for around the house, deck, driveway.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Here's my expereince with an EPW. YMMV.

Most residential circuits are 15A. Most EPWs draw 13.5-14.5A.

Anything else running on the curcuit and you almost certainly will trip the circuit breaker, which is a major PITA. That's why I sold my EPW. I also looked for a lower draw EPW but they all draw about the same.

Good luck,

Eddie

Rich M

WKR
I have an electric - it takes some grime off. Cheap harbor freight. Might be a good start - see if she likes it.

I have a gas powered one too - it takes the paint off. Your wife would like this better for cleaning walks and bricks, etc.

N.ID7803

WKR
I have a Stanley 2150 max PSI. It does well around the house. I use it when cleaning skulls. Only complaint is some of the fittings are plastic, which will break eventually.