Early Season Gloves

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
I am going to be going on my first high country deer hunt in 4 weeks, and I am just wondering what gloves does everybody take with them for this kind of hunt? I have Sitka Shooter gloves now that I really like, I am just concerned they may not be warm enough. I have been looking at adding the KUIU Guide Gloves, or the Sitka Mountain Gloves. Thanks for the input.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Sitka and Kuiu gloves are anything but warm, they are hand protection and not much else. Under Armor glove liners are perfect early season gloves. They are lightweight, thin and are incredibly warm for their weight.

dotman

WKR
Yup, Rosinbag introduced me to the UA glove liners and I really like how thin they are, haven't had them in cold weather yet but not worried at all.

OP
D

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
Do you guys think the UA liner gloves would be enough for mid September? To me it looks like the sitka mountain gloves would have some warmth to them. The shooter gloves definitely do not.

Lawnboi

WKR
Thin ua or other brand style liners work good. I picked up guide gloves this year to wear over some sort of liner glove when need be.

I think im going to pick up a pair of sitka merino gloves to wear under my guide gloves this year.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I only use my UA liners unless I am in extreme weather. And I am a little baby when I get cold, so I wouldn't hesitate for September. I will be using them middle of September in colorado and it will be the only pair of gloves I take.

KMT

WKR
My favorite hunting gloves are sage colored Eddie Bauer fleece wind cutter gloves. I bought two pairs over 5 years ago and use them for everything from archery season to pheasant hunting. I have never found a hunting glove that I liked more.

G Posik

WKR
I use the UA liners till the end of bow season in Colorado. 4 years ago I used them in Illinois in late October. Like said above they are very warm for the weight. These are about all I every use, unless it is below 0.