E-Scouting New Areas

Looking to identify any new tricks that others may be using that I am not to identify potential areas of opportunity. I generally use Go hunt/OnX and its features there mostly.... but are others using other research methods maps, websites, burns , forestry data etc that could further assist in scouting efforts before spending money involved to going into a new location with no prior knowledge ?

jpkoepse

FNG
Explore all the layers in both of those apps... you likely haven't seen them all. There are burns, thermal hubs, roadless areas, acorn layers depending on which of those two apps you're using. As well as elevation/aspect filtering.

OP
Mechanical_Mercenary
Thank you, that is valuable information. Yes you are correct, I have just been using the basic features of each of these and will digger a bit deeper of whats avail there to

Depending where you're looking, State provided data can be quite helpful. Such as harvest maps, population densities, other info like food sources etc. I also use google earth to get detailed views, and then Sentinel Hub EO Browser to get a very recent view to see snow condition, how green an area is, etc.