Duplex frame vs. Hunting Platform

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
Still want to know if anybody has an idea how much weight can be trimmed off of an original duplex.

As far as I can tell the only thing is putting in arrows versus the aluminum or composite stays. Might save you 8-10 oz.
not worth it in my opinion. The ease of adjusting and how comfortable the new frame is just cant be ignored.

As far as I can tell the only thing is putting in arrows versus the aluminum or composite stays. Might save you 8-10 oz.
not worth it in my opinion. The ease of adjusting and how comfortable the new frame is just cant be ignored.

Could not agree more.

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
So how much more comfortable is the standard duplex than the bikini frame when loads exceed 100 pounds?

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
I have a bikini and it's been good for me up to 80# but this year I loaded about 140# in it to save myself an extra trip, and it was too much for it. So that got me thinking about getting a duplex.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I've made a couple hundred pound trips with the bikini. It can do it, but if you have listened to Aron's videos in the past. "Anything over 80 and he suggests the duplex" I made three trips this year hauling out around a 100 pounds with the new hunting duplex, it's the cats ass!

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
At $320 the new frame is the best investment you will make, I think. Have the bikini also, but the new frame is easily 3x better.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I've made a couple hundred pound trips with the bikini. It can do it, but if you have listened to Aron's videos in the past. "Anything over 80 and he suggests the duplex" I made three trips this year hauling out around a 100 pounds with the new hunting duplex, it's the cats ass!

You better be right Mr. Avery as I just ordered one for myself!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Ha, I was right a lot before I got married.

Last edited:
OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
You guys are making it hard to save the money.

From looking at pictures of the duplex and doing a little research it seems you can definitely shed some weight of off it but probably not 9 oz to match the hunting platform.

I'm still hoping that somebody who knows will chime in.

Last edited: