Duck Hunting Jacket

dtrkyman

WKR
Just got my Sitka wading jacket and ambient. Not 100% sure on the wading jacket? The ambient is awesome!

The wader jacket is a nice piece, but not sure I like the fit? I understand it is sized for layering but all my other Sitka fits like a taylor made it for me, going to test it in the field in a couple days!

OP
C

Cutwater

FNG
So I wanted to update everyone on my purchase... headed out to Western TN tomorrow, but I've got my Delta Wading Jacket in hand.

It's a solid piece of gear, I've had Goretex products through Arc'teryx but nothing from their "Goretex Pro" line. This thing is awesome, feels like the future version of an old waxed cotton jacket. I totally get what dtrkyman is saying though, it's my single non form fitting piece, huge in the gut area, but I'm not worried about it since I intend to use it over some insulators (Right now I'm using a merino base with a TAD Ranger Hoodie - seems like I'll be warm).

Side question for everyone with one, how tight do I need these cuffs? I tried tightening them down and tried them out and still managed to get water down my sleeve when reaching in... it was barehanded and not gloved so maybe that's why?

So my initial impressions are through the roof, I like the cut, the detailing, the hood and collar. I can see myself making excuses to wear this out. I am 6 foot even and around the 175lb mark, I have solid room in the arms and chest for shouldering and moving around, nothing concerns me regarding movement and constriction. Also, I've got plenty of room for layering too, as I mentioned I'll be running a base layer and a fleece hoodie, but I could easily throw on a puffy too. I'll post some pictures of the fit, let me know if you have any questions or need me to take pics of anything else. Thanks!

DeltaWadingJacket Front.png
DeltaWadingJacket Side.png

smoothie25

Lil-Rokslider
I wear my Jetstream to duck hunt in 90% of the time. I'll wear a puffy under it if it's real chilly.

I used to wear a drake pullover and miss having chest hand pockets when I have waders on. I've been eyeing up the Hudson, boreal or the new First Lite refuge jackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
Hunted with the Delta 2 days, it is a nice jacket, fit is likely designed to wear over waders now that I have used it. Works well for that but still may prefer wearing a jacket under waders. May get another Jetstream for that or try the Firstlite LZ?

The call lanyard is slick, main gripe is the hood is not removeable!

Hunted with the Delta 2 days, it is a nice jacket, fit is likely designed to wear over waders now that I have used it. Works well for that but still may prefer wearing a jacket under waders. May get another Jetstream for that or try the Firstlite LZ?

The call lanyard is slick, main gripe is the hood is not removeable!
Why tuck a rain jacket in under waders? Defeats the purpose