Drone Etiquette

Etiquette and legality may be different. Just like with anything else. Just because you can doesnt mean you should.
We live a stones throw from the Canadian border. Had a drone fly below tree level through my yard and the neighbors. It hovered over the neighbor kids play outside. The mom called the border patrol and confirmed it wasnt theirs or any Leo in the area.
Drone disappeared and the owner never came looking for it.
-dont film minors or anyone without their consent and don't fly low on private property.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Had one pestering me on the beach while surf fishing a few months back.
When it got within 10 ft. @ eye level I stopped fishing and tied on a big
treble hooked Yo-Zuri. I guess they figured out what was about to happen
and it zoomed off, never saw it again.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
I thought it was an obvious joke. But there’s probably some dickhead young in’ who thinks it’s a good idea

I was joking about the e-bike launch pad. I was serious about the flat-brim talk question. After googling I know what a flat brim hat is. Just not the talk part. Maybe it’s a reference to a generation thing?

Now do drones record the video. It is recorded onto an SD card inside the drone or does it upload to the cloud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
I was joking about the e-bike launch pad. I was serious about the flat-brim talk question. After googling I know what a flat brim hat is. Just not the talk part. Maybe it’s a reference to a generation thing?
The flat brim talk can be a little difficult to explain but you will definitely know it when you see it.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not from California originally, but live and work there now.
I see practically everyone from 5-65 years old dressing and acting the same. Like a douche.
And they all have flat brim ball caps on.
Is this the flat brim you’re referring to? If so that’s funny !

EvanG17

Lil-Rokslider
Had a drone fly over us while camping. Going pretty quick so wasnt too worried about photos or video being recorded. Then about half hr later i really wasnt worried at all when a group of teenagers came over and asked if we had seen it and around what time. I guess the operator got a little out of hand and ended up crashing it in some trees lol

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
Now do drones record the video. It is recorded onto an SD card inside the drone or does it upload to the cloud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so many drone brands out there.
But my DJI drone records video, takes images/pics and it's stored on micro SD card inserted into the drone.
the photos are ok, about same as any of today's cell phones, the video is pretty amazing. And in post edit production, those videos can really stand out with zoom, contrast, playback speed adjustments.

Drones are 100% illegal to use for finding game. At least in Wyoming. No remote photo or video equipment that provides a real time view is allowed when hunting. This includes trail cameras that send instant images.

“Section 20. Use of Specialized Hunting Technologies and Equipment.
(b) No person shall use any real-time video photography equipment, real-time thermal or infrared imaging device, or other real-time imaging device outside the normal visible light spectrum, capable of automatically transmitting an image, picture or video for remote viewing, with the intent to spot, locate and aid in the taking of any big game animal, trophy game animal or wild bison.
(c) A trail camera, or similar device, that can only store an image, picture or video inside the device, and which does not have the capability to automatically transmit images in real-time, is permissible for use in the taking of any big game animal, trophy game animal or wild bison.”

Also, if drones are considered aircraft they would also be illegal to use for hunting because:

“Section 12. Use of Aircraft to Spot or Locate Wildlife. No person shall use any aircraft with the intent to spot, locate and aid in the taking of any game animal from August 1 through January 31 of the following calendar year. Additionally, no person shall use any aircraft to spot, locate and aid in the taking of any trophy game animal during any open season. Nothing in this Section shall apply to the operation of an aircraft in a usual manner where there is no attempt or intent to locate any game animal, such as aircraft used for the sole purpose of passenger transport”

Last edited: