Donna Boddington's Unlimited Ram

Cynoscion

WKR
Enough to have a 169" desert ram on my wall, yet I'm not sure how that's germane to this conversation.
I’m a little disappointed that nobody did this before me but proud to do it for you:

“The gotdam Germans ain’t got nothin ta do with it”

TaperPin

WKR
Except that ram ain’t 3/4 curl and from the amount of money the boddingtons spend on hunts they aren’t average people
I hate to have to be the first person to tell you this, but life isn’t fair. Influential people in positions of power and influence have always given preferential treatment to those they like. Second guessing the person charged with verifying a game animal, based on internet photos seems like a waste of time on many levels.

I learned this as a teenager when a big house party was busted - luckily more than a few kids were from influential families and the very next week the city council rewrote the city codes for what constitutes probable cause to investigate a house party and made it retroactive a month. That would have never happened just on my behalf.

Fast forward a decade and an accident involving some VIP’s with high political ties quietly went away. A fellow from a non-descript “corporation” wrote big checks in exchange for non disclosure agreements for everyone with first hand knowledge of what happened. Knowing powerful senators should change the rules of what’s fair? Like it or not, it does.

Every decade since then I’ve watched a black and white situation get resolved by who had the most money, highest political ties, and most IOU’s to call in.

Who goes to big hunting conventions and high dollar fund raisers? Who goes hunting with governors and senators? Who gets invited when a billionaire needs a +1 for an exclusive hunt. Favors get traded.

I used to think otherwise, and nit pick situations and be frustrated when what was happening didn’t line up with what I thought was justice. Having attorneys for clients has reinforced the idea that the most black and white laws have gray areas in how they are applied. Most other laws have gray areas in what they mean, and influential people are good at increasing the amount of gray in it all.

Last edited:

TheTone

WKR
🙄thanks for the lesson…

There were other pics of this ram alive shown other places after it was killed as well as it being passed by numerous other hunters. Whatever, who gives at this point. I hope she enjoys her meaningless slam and gets to brag to other dorks about what a conservationist she is for killing rams

C Bow

WKR
TaperPin has it right Life will never treat everyone the same and age IMHO is the only way most people will ever get it. It only causes pain and grief to those that let it. Mrs Boddington is proud of her Ram and more than likely could give a RATS ASS if anyone likes it or not. You have to give her credit though she is a great shot to have hit that tiny bad boy. Congrats Like the Eagles song . GET OVER IT