Donna Boddington's Unlimited Ram

Carr5vols

WKR
Anyone know how much was paid for the unlimited tag? I have some ocean front property in Arizona I want to sale the boddingtons.

t_carlson

WKR
I believe it’s just an OTC tag that’s closes when they reach quota.

Correct. And usually requires multiple seasons of trying with either horses or backpacking.

For a geriatric like Donna Boddington, almost an impossible task unless you shoot an immature ram near a road, which is what occurred here.

TheTone

WKR
It’s beyond lame. Seems they were quick to delete the pictures of them judging it legal with a piece of bailing twine. Anything to celebrate yourself as a sheep hunter and get one towards some meaningless slam to brag about with other sheep dorks

chasewild

WKR
It’s beyond lame. Seems they were quick to delete the pictures of them judging it legal with a piece of bailing twine. Anything to celebrate yourself as a sheep hunter and get one towards some meaningless slam to brag about with other sheep dorks

Agree. Self-aggrandizement in the sheep world is a thick mucus needing a hot power wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
I can’t remember his name ( he is dead now) but he was a outdoor writer from phoenix who side gigged for the state for PR for tourism’s department
I know who you’re referring to but he’s ded so we’ll leave it at that. I’ve known of several here over the years that have shot small rams after they’ve waited near their whole life to finally draw the tag. They were too old to really be able to hunt anymore so they killed what they were able to get to. I also knew a guy that let himself get so overweight that when he drew a tag in his early 40’s he couldn’t really hunt. Killed a pretty small dink as well. There were a couple of guys that drew tags in what I think was the Clinton years where they shut down .gov a couple of times. Their hunt was on one of the military ranges and when .gov got shut down access to the unit shut down. They killed dinks because of the very limited hunt days they were able to get.

AKPA18

FNG
Anything to celebrate yourself as a sheep hunter and get one towards some meaningless slam to brag about with other sheep dorks
This!!! 👆👆

I wonder what the percentage of sheep hunters is who just love to sheep hunt not measure their peckers (bank account). It’s not terribly high.

Wrench

WKR
You guys are making yourselves look foolish to the .gov engineers who write this stuff.

You've clearly not studied common core geometry. Obviously legal....you just gotta do the work.

BBob

WKR
I can’t remember his name ( he is dead now) but he was a outdoor writer from phoenix who side gigged for the state for PR for tourism’s department
Looking through last years AZ stats a 70" 2yo was killed last year. I'm guessing someone pretty old or physically impaired took it.

WCB

WKR
The way he touted it as a great feat of killing an Unlimited Ram and some big saga...you are right. They deleted pictures and kept a picture up of a single angle which no person who has ever killed a sheep shows as the ONE picture.

Has money to kill sheep anywhere they want to but had to be the cool kids and make it seem like they accomplished something.

SDHNTR

WKR
Is there an article or something out there that tells the story without all the conjecture?

WCB

WKR
Is there an article or something out there that tells the story without all the conjecture?
You need a story to tell if the ram is legal or not? They shot a ram (that multiple other hunters passed) in the Unlimiteds close to the road. Then when called out for it being sublegal deleted the rest of the pictures and blocked all comments on social media.

TheTone

WKR
And made the claim they studied it from a broadside view and used the rifle scope reticle to gauge the curl. Again this was after multiple hunters apparently passed on it due to believing it to be not legal

jofes

WKR
And made the claim they studied it from a broadside view and used the rifle scope reticle to gauge the curl. Again this was after multiple hunters apparently passed on it due to believing it to be not legal
Because it wasn't...

OMB

WKR
You need a story to tell if the ram is legal or not? They shot a ram (that multiple other hunters passed) in the Unlimiteds close to the road. Then when called out for it being sublegal deleted the rest of the pictures and blocked all comments on social media.

Article is in the Winter 2021/22 Wild Sheep Foundation magazine, but this line really got me: "Easy for me: I've drawn two bighorn tags, and have two nice rams...Donna is in a different position. She started late; she doesn't have time to draw, and we're not bidding on auction tags!"

Along with the picture of that ram on the hoof, I still can't believe somebody at WSF didn't raise a flag and go "Yeah, let's tell Boddington we don't need to publish this one."

SDHNTR

WKR
And she was not cited? Again, looking for facts, not supposition. The internet does not ultimately determine what is legal, the state game agencies do.