Does anyone NOT wear merino underwear?

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I tried merino underwear but they never lasted more then a season so I switched to Duluth tradings buck naked underwear and haven’t looked back.

No faster way to guarantee I chafe than to wear merino.

I like exofficio but have not tried some of the newer synthetic offerings the past few years. Exofficio just work for me. Scent free wipe each night or morning and I can use the same pair several days, I bring one pair per two days or plan to wash a pair.

cornfedkiller "Does anyone NOT wear merino underwear?"

I do NOT. Hate the way they feel. I wear Ex Officio boxer briefs. I do wear Marino long johns.

TheHammer

WKR
I tried a few different pairs including some bamboo, none of them fit me properly, not enough stretch, I end up constantly having to pull them up throughout the day. They are not that comfortable either, I run the Walmart Reebok ones or fruit of the loom.

I wore a pair of Duluth armachillo on a backpack hunt. After 4 days I had to hike out early because I had a terrible rash, had to shower and switch back to merino.
I were syn on some day trips but its mostly merino for me.
That itch in those duluth was terrible.

OP
cornfedkiller
I tend to get wedgies a lot due to having a non-flat butt,

That would be my biggest complaint. My favorite so far are the SG, and they fit perfectly everywhere except I get some slight wedgies..

And my problem with most of the expensive ones I've tried is usually the same... a lack of ball support (why I hate boxers) or they tend to have tight (flat) elastic across the front and when stuff gets off centered, it stays there.

ChrisAU

WKR
Sitka are by far my favorite. Higher waist (only by a bit) and lighter g/sm than any others. No stink after days.

id_jon

WKR
Probably very similar to saxx, I wear meundies daily as well as hunting. Way more comfortable than the FL merino ones I've tried.

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
Duluth buck naked or armachillo. All I ever wear no matter the activity.

Had some First Lite boxer briefs. They were comfortable when you first put them on. Would start to stretch and bunch after a few miles. Then they developed a hole big enough to release the demons without pulling them down.

I have some Icebreaker Merino underwear and have been really happy with them. They ride up with my First Lite pants though but I think that is due to the pants and not the underwear as they are fine with jeans.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
The badlands algus hot weather boxers is what I’ve been using for the last year and love them I have first lite merino exo kuiu and several pairs of the Sitka silk weight that I like but they stopped making them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have 1 pair of merino, don't love them except for late season, found that they chafe like a MF when I sweat. Duluth, or under armour are the most comfortable, the long ones that are like biker shorts pack 3 pairs and wash them in the creek.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
No faster way to guarantee I chafe than to wear merino.
Totally opposite for me. Cotton just gets wet and stays wet, and synthetic causes chafing and rashes within hours on me. But with my merino boxer briefs under my merino base bottoms, it's not something I even think about because I'm comfortable all day long, for days on end.