Do you use your Multi tool

bsnedeker

WKR
Whats the point of the flashlight. Especially in a office setting. Your phone has one right?
So I work from home these days but doesn't really matter...either way I don't carry my phone around with all day. It usually sits on my desk. Flashlight is in my pocket all day and I never notice it.

Second reason: The most common reason I use my flashlight is to find some tiny little thing that has fallen on the floor. Put the light parrallel to the ground on it's brightest setting and look for the shadow of whatever I'm looking for. No way is my phone's flashlight powerful enough to do that...I need a tight beam.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Stone

FNG
Lost one a year ago and thinking about replacing it now after going a year without having one in the pack for a year.

jlhois

FNG
I carry the big leatherman surge everywhere and use it many times every single day - except when I'm hunting. I cant justify the weight in the backcountry, so I take knives and allen wrenches for my bow, but only specific things that I actually need. I've rarely wished I had it.

rclouse79

WKR
I have a little folding knife I keep in my bino harness that I use all the time. I also have a mini multi tool I never use.

ZAK13

Lil-Rokslider
I got my first Leatherman Super Tool back in 1994 as a Father's Day gift, and use it multiple times a day at work. Also have the Wave, and have found constant use of it almost on a daily basis, even while hunting or fishing.

Mosby

WKR
I keep a small. micro leatherman on my pack. I got it years ago. Seldom use it, but I have it in case I need it when I'm out in the middle of nowhere. I just got a Leatherman sidekick for my small game vest for the dog. Quills, burrs etc.,

Every time i get one i still never use it for hunting.I do keep one in my fishing fanny pack.
Just to heavy for the amount of use.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I use a sidekick daily or most days working or at home, when hunting I have a gerber dime, I don’t use it enough in the mountains to justify the weight of a larger one.

Voyageur

WKR
33 year old Leatherman. I think it was the only model they made back then. I've used it to clean fish, tighten screws, remove fish hooks, and more than once to remove porcupine quills from the dogs. It has become a trusted friend.

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
I carried one in my pack for years, probably a bit over 20 and when I got more serious about reducing weight, I dropped it. I've added other knives, but never missed the Leatherman. I hardly touched it. I sent it back to Leatherman before its 25th birthday and since it didn't open right, they replaced it with a Wave. It's heavy, but has a lot in it. I'd probably take it along for something really remote, like Alaska, unless I was up against a weight penalty.

RCB

WKR
I often use the blade on my leatherman to do more sturdy cuts when field dressing a deer, then switch to a havalon for the precise stuff. Not necessary if you already have a sturdy knife for this.

I have also used the pliers to remove cactus spines from my shoe soles that had penetrated all the way into my foot. That memory alone is good motivation to keep carrying it.

I have a leatherman sidekick and seem to use it all the time. It lives in my bino chest harness. I have used it to fix atvs, pull out fish hooks, make holes in leather dealing with horse stuff, pull thorns out of my dogs feet, slivers out of my hands…i love it🤷🏻‍♂️. I did just get a gerber dime to shave some weight.

mcseal2

WKR
I carry a Leatherman Wave daily on the ranch and use it all the time. One side of the needle nose broke off about a half inch from the tip when I was abusing it one day, and I ground the other side to match. It is perfect for what I use it for around home now.

I carry a Leatherman P4 on fishing trips or hunting trips where weight isn't an issue. It's very similar to the Wave but has a couple differences I like.

The repair kit our group takes to AK that stays at our fly in camps has a Leatherman PST 2 I think it is, my old model one that weighs about 5oz instead of 8+ like the two listed above.

My emergency kit that stays in my pack has one of the smallest Leatherman tools that has a pliers. The Squirt I think it is. It's enough for slivers, thorns, and the little jobs others talk about. That's the only one I have when worried about weight.

Last thing I'll say is I always take one on my belt when riding a horse. It can be a hoof pick, cut wire, pull a leather tie through a hole in a headstall, just lots of uses. Sometimes those uses need to happen fast and having it handy is good. I've cut a lot of wire from around a horse's leg over the years on the ranch.

coyote_out

Lil-Rokslider
I have a leatherman P4 I carry every day. So I end up using it quite often. I have repaired stoves, tripods, pack saddles, stoves, zipper pulls, used the little saw to take some bones off the other day. Touch up an axe, lots of stuff.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I carry a small needle driver (similar to hemostats) these surve multiple functions, to include most of what I would use pliers for. I carry a knife. I have never needed screw drivers, and if I expected to the set pictured would cover more and work better.
20221014_200601.jpg

PiTaLin

FNG
I find myself pulling it out of my gear bag to use it at home :D
I keep one just in case I still don't know for what though.

ElPollo

WKR
I carry a leatherman squirt, very small and weighs hardly anything, but I've used the scissors and screwdriver several times. I carry a small cell phone tripod adapter, and I've used the screwdriver to take the QR plate off my bino adapter and put it on there for pics... even if you have a buddy with you to take pics of a kill, its nice to be able to take pics with both you and your buddy in the pic.

I also have a mini tweezers in my little possibles pouch.. doesn't weigh anything and not a lot of things worse than needing a tweezers and not having one.
I’m in agreement on the Leatherman Squirt. I’ve carried one daily for about three years and wouldn’t be without it. I don’t really have much of a need for a full sized multi tool. My Squirt get used to remove porky quills from my bird dog about 3-4 times a year (God love him, but he cannot learn that the little guys are pokey), removing cactus spines, cutting finger nails, trimming Leuko tape and Duct tape, sewing, filing, and a million other things. About the only thing I’ve never used it for is a knife. Adding a blade to these is sort of a waste and I’d much rather carry a real one.