Do you use your Multi tool

I have been carrying around a multi tool for years ut never really had a need for it. I have a silly saw and knives and haven’t found a need yet for the gerber. I’ve done a few Alaska diy hunts and back country elk hunts so I feel like I’ve seen my fair share of scenarios. What do you all find yourselves using your multi tools for?

CCH

WKR
When I did more backpacking with a wood stove, I used it quite a bit. These days, I'm more along with you on the weight carried and not used so it stays at home.

OP
A
When I did more backpacking with a wood stove, I used it quite a bit. These days, I'm more along with you on the weight carried and not used so it stays at home.
What did you typically use if for with your stove?

jolemons

WKR
I carry one of those mini key chain ones. It's basically a set of tiny pliers, fold out scissors and a knife. I use pliers to change Havalon, scissors for opening freeze dried, cutting Tenacious Tape, etc. Probably weighs an ounce.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I carry a leatherman squirt, very small and weighs hardly anything, but I've used the scissors and screwdriver several times. I carry a small cell phone tripod adapter, and I've used the screwdriver to take the QR plate off my bino adapter and put it on there for pics... even if you have a buddy with you to take pics of a kill, its nice to be able to take pics with both you and your buddy in the pic.

I also have a mini tweezers in my little possibles pouch.. doesn't weigh anything and not a lot of things worse than needing a tweezers and not having one.

I've used mine for those devil cactus balls that stick in everything, lift hot pot lids and cut grilled foods and such since it's "cleaner" than my hunting knives. Not backpacking but one time I had my boat trailer hub bearings blow out and used the file on my multi tool to smooth out the mangled axle tip so I could slide the spare hub on there. That was late at night and saved me couple hundred miles round trip and leaving my boat on the side of the road. I've never needed it but having a small tool with screwdrivers and such could be useful for loose bow screws. Oh that reminds me a buddy's scope base came loose a few years ago and we used my Leatherman to tighten it back down.

P Carter

WKR
I have the small gerber one in my “emergency” kit that I always have with me, hiking or hunting. I use it a fair amount. Scissors to cut leukotape (and tags, occasionally); tweezers to pull splinters; pliers to torque on my bow; screwdriver for my bow; blade if I don’t have a knife when hiking, or to cut wrappers/misc stuff if I don’t want to pull out my skinning blade. I’ve considered getting rid of it but I do use it.

I have been carrying and using one for the past 25 years. I don’t use it all the time but at least once a week for various tasks.

I use mine about every other trip. Every now and then, it really saves the day - trailer or Boat repair. Tweak a bow or gun. Pull thorns from boots. The scissors are probably used more than anything else.

one thing I use it for somewhat regularly is as a small bone saw. Deer rib cages, pelvis gate, even leg bones.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I have been carrying around a multi tool for years ut never really had a need for it. I have a silly saw and knives and haven’t found a need yet for the gerber. I’ve done a few Alaska diy hunts and back country elk hunts so I feel like I’ve seen my fair share of scenarios. What do you all find yourselves using your multi tools for?
I took mine out 2 years ago after carrying it for 3 yearss without using it.

I have carried a leatherman for a very long time. I use it at least 20 times a day. Bout time to send it back for a blade replacement. lol

S.Clancy

WKR
I only carry mine when I bird hunt with my dog. It has been invaluable for pulling out porcupine quills, messing with a jammed shotgun and is piece of mind if my dog ever runs into a snare. Big game I leave it in the truck.

2rocky

WKR
For a number of years It was on my ranch work/hunting belt. The needle nose pliers I used to remove/replace my Havalon blades, remove elk ivories, cut and twist wires on fences, twist propane hose and bottle fittings, . I'd use the knife blade for all my non skinning blade work. The file worked to sharpen a hatchet in camp, and I'd opened more than a few cans of beans or bottles of beer with the can opener. I've used the screwdrivers a few times to tighten a hose clamp, etc.

Yeah it's a valuable multi use piece of equipment. that said, i'm not sure where it is right at the moment. I hope I find it again soon.

bsnedeker

WKR
So I'll admit I fell a bit deep into the EDC rabbit hole 5+ years ago and I decided it was important for me to be fully prepared for anything at anytime. I carried a 1+ pound leatherman Surge for a few years. One day at work (I work in an office) something came up where it came in handy and I was SO EXCITED! When I got to thinking about it I realized that I have had 1 pound of steel stuck to my hip for like 3 years at that point and I had used it exactly once.

Now I carry a benchmade bugout, a tiny AAA flashlight, keys, wallet, and my EDC pistol and the leatherman stays in the truck.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

TSAMP

WKR
So I'll admit I fell a bit deep into the EDC rabbit hole 5+ years ago and I decided it was important for me to be fully prepared for anything at anytime. I carried a 1+ pound leatherman Surge for a few years. One day at work (I work in an office) something came up where it came in handy and I was SO EXCITED! When I got to thinking about it I realized that I have had 1 pound of steel stuck to my hip for like 3 years at that point and I had used it exactly once.

Now I carry a benchmade bugout, a tiny AAA flashlight, keys, wallet, and my EDC pistol and the leatherman stays in the truck.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Whats the point of the flashlight. Especially in a office setting. Your phone has one right?