Do you use your Multi tool

tracker12

WKR
I keep one in the glove box in each of my vehicles and an original one on my belt. I always seem to need the pliers.

I don't leave home without one. From changing needles working cattle, cutting string on hay, fixing fences, skinning animals, screw drivers around the house, pulling thorns out of hands, jammed shells in guns, trimming limbs while hunting, picking up hot stuff it has done it all...I have a Leatherman Wave that needs a new flat screwdriver that I broke prying something will send that in soon. Have one other Leatherman that I carry also that is bigger

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Hang18

FNG
Have an original Leatherman. It's been in whatever backpack I'm using. Know that ounces add up to pounds, but, never noticed its "extra' wgt. I've only had to use it occasionally, but, was glad I have it.

taskswap

WKR
I do use mine but it's a special case. I carry a Gerber Dime. The pliers are... well basically useless (I've broken two Dimes trying to use those). But the rest of the tools are great. I use the tweezers all the time for splinters, the bottle opener can be used without having to open a blade at all (it's built into the end of the tool), the two screwdrivers are more or less minimally-usable, the box opener makes it great for EDC, and the knife isn't terrible if you sharpen it (the factory edge is terrible). For $20 or so, it's perfect for my needs.

rayporter

WKR
if you need it, you might need it really bad. twice i have had one on me and needed it right now. once was a fire in my gasoline stove and once a mule was in wire.

Venom One

WKR
I carried the Squirt for many years. The blade got used almost daily (opening boxes usually) and the pliers 2-3 times per week.

My biggest gripe with the Squirt is the non-locking blade. And it's just a bit too small. I wish they made something slightly bigger with spring-action pliers, locking knife, spring-action scissors, maybe a flat screwdriver, and hide a tweezer somewhere. Scissors don't get enough credit for their usefulness IMO.

If they shrunk the Wingman and deleted the file, can opener, and a screwdriver, they'd have a winner in my book.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
A Wave lives on my belt and it gets used every day.
Only thing I baby on it is the main knife, it's saved for the precise cuts where a razor sharp blade is needed and anything else gets cut with the serrated blade.

But as soon as I'm living out of a back pack the Wave gets ditched in favor of a Victorinox Hiker, it's still got a great blade, basic screwdrivers and a saw but far less weight.
I hardly ever need a multitool In the back country but if I think I do (like a backcountry fishing trip), I chuck in my Squirt P4

taskswap

WKR
All day every day, every hike. 100%. I carry a Gerber Dime, 2.4oz, fits in my pocket easily and since it's EDC for me I don't consider it extra weight. (I don't notice it any more.)

The Dime is perfect for my needs because of the tweezers and external bottle opener. Those are the two tools I use most often and most other tools bury them, if they have them at all. It's really nice not having to open the tool to use those things.

After that, I use the box opener next most often at home - I wish Amazon and others would work harder on all their packaging waste because we're a busy family of 7 here and it seems like something arrives 3-4 days a week. It's really nice being able to open boxes without risking cutting into something inside or dulling my EDC knife blade (I'm addicted to pocket knives so I change what I carry a lot, currently using a Civivi Dogma most days. I hate dulling or dirtying a nice knife on boxes.)

The nail file is very short but works fine. The flat-blade screwdriver is surprisingly good especially if you only open it 90 degrees for leverage. The small-point screwdriver is garbage although works OK for cleaning under your nails which I do a lot while hunting/camping. The scissors are tiny but work fine. The pliers are also useless - they WORK but are so weak that I've broken two Dimes just trying to use them. (Since the pliers are also the hinge, that breaks the whole tool.)

It has a knife blade. There's a reason I left it last. I've seriously considered cutting it off to save weight. The most useful thing it can do is be remove from the knife.

Still, this thing runs $25, $20 sometimes on sale. I've broken four of them over the past 5 years and never bothered to hassle with their warranty, which I've heard is very good. I just consider it disposable, it sounds terrible but if I get a year out of one I'm a happy camper. I use it as an excuse to get a different color, for variety. :)

Despite the rough edges, I would never go anywhere without it. I'd rather leave my pocket knife at home than this thing. I bet I pull it out 10x a day. If other tools offered a bottle opener and tweezers on the outside, and quick access to a box cutter or similar, I would switch, but AFAIK none do.