Do you use a pad under your exped synmat ul 7?

sk1

Well Known Rokslider
Just got mine yesterday looks awesome....just wondering if a tent floor is typically enough to protect it or if I should try to find a small lightweight pad for underneath?

OP
sk1

sk1

Well Known Rokslider
Ok good to know I just wanted to make sure

Thanks guys

evan williams

Well Known Rokslider
When I am using a tent I don't worry about it but on my last scouting trip out of my bivy I did bring a thermarest foam pad. I didn't know what the terrain was going to be like or where I was going to be spending the night so I wanted to make sure I didn't pop it.

OP
sk1

sk1

Well Known Rokslider
where's a good spot to purchase the tyvek for under my golite sl3? not sure if im going to go with it or not, but definitely worth a look

muleman

Well Known Rokslider
where's a good spot to purchase the tyvek for under my golite sl3? not sure if im going to go with it or not, but definitely worth a look

Home Depot sells 3' x 165' rolls. I haven going to buy one but only need about 50' total. If I bought a roll would you want to buy some?

OP
sk1

sk1

Well Known Rokslider
Home Depot sells 3' x 165' rolls. I haven going to buy one but only need about 50' total. If I bought a roll would you want to buy some?

was hoping to find more like an 8x8 section, but if i can't then maybe....what's the price run on that roll

muleman

Well Known Rokslider
was hoping to find more like an 8x8 section, but if i can't then maybe....what's the price run on that roll

The 3' x 165' rolls are <$70. I didn't want a footprint, only ground cloths that are pad sized. I was able to get a SL3 floor for cheap. So I just bring that if I need more coverage.