do you think bow shops turn down the bow poundage on their test bows?

boom

WKR
i think it is universal. i got a new bow yesterday. while smooth, it was a far cry from the buttery easy drawing test bow i was yanking on.

i was going to shoot some new mathews bows, but you can visually see that they have the limb bolts turned way out. i didnt even try them.

seriously? is this a sales tactic you see in your shops?

I have never shot a bow that I'm interested in buying without putting it on a bow scale and checking the mods for DL. They probably have it turned down because to press them Mathews suggests turning them down.

Joe

When I was shopping I asked what the poundage was. They will let you know. I got a monster and like it a lot.

They also turn them down, because most can't draw what they think they can and also to prevent dry fires.

I ask my customers where they would like the poundage set. If it's a new shooter I will just turn them down on my own.

My shop usually turns them down to around 60lbs. If you want to shoot them maxed out that's fine too. I always buy my bows at 55-65lb so I tell the shop to set them at 65lbs. My bow shop manager stated he likes to set them at 60lbs since he has a lot of newbies and they can usually pull 60lbs.

Almost every time I go to shoot new bows they are turned down. I believe they do this because it does make the draw cycle easier, there is a huge difference in draw cycle between 60-70 lbs in my opinion.
I politely ask the knucklehead at the current shop to turn them up and max them out so I can shoot them. Evan does this and is even polite about it, while laughing to himself. ;)

Back