Do you carry a seat/stool when you hunt?

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt the Midwest on large tracks of Federal land (20k acres +).
Originally and still for bow season I'll use a stand for most hunts. But there's so much real-estate I find myself "exploring" while I hunt more and more. This usually translates into miles long still hunts that take up most of the day. This includes sitting for a bit here and there when I come upon a trail or pinch point. I always carry a small inflatable pad to sit on but with the deep snow I've moved to a 3-legged stool and don't know how I'll go back. I picked it up at REI, weighs a pound. It has made taking a break from the walking extremely comfortable in the snow and get's me up a bit higher to see a bit further.

25a795b2-af55-427a-b1dc-5e703ec4dd8b

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
Last couple seasons I've been carrying my LW Hand Climber seat section with me on "sitnwalks". It folds up pretty small, fits perfect on the outside of my pack, keeps me off the cold ground and straps easily to a tree. Sit when it feels right and walk when I get cold.

ORhunter74

Lil-Rokslider
I use the identical Amazon version of that stool. Fits in an outside pocket strapped to my pack with my trekking poles and is perfect for glassing/ambush hunting. Shot my spring bear while sitting on it this year.

I usually carry my Helinox chair expecting to take a midday break and/or sit on a spot at dusk or dawn. Sometimes ya just see the perfect location and wanna be as inconspicuous as possible. The Helinox is comfortable, easy on the lower back and tall enough you can draw a bow. Plus if I ever am forced to spend the night in the field, it's way more comfortable to sit on than a stool. Checks all my boxes.

P1010554.jpg

Austink47

WKR
Archery white tail hunting in eastern Washington pretty open country I use a stool a lot. It lets me sit in the grass and still see/shoot. I got one that swivels from sportsmen’s. It is bulky and kind hard to fit in a pack but it, works. Thinking about something more compact. Interesting thread.

I hunt the Midwest on large tracks of Federal land (20k acres +).
Originally and still for bow season I'll use a stand for most hunts. But there's so much real-estate I find myself "exploring" while I hunt more and more. This usually translates into miles long still hunts that take up most of the day. This includes sitting for a bit here and there when I come upon a trail or pinch point. I always carry a small inflatable pad to sit on but with the deep snow I've moved to a 3-legged stool and don't know how I'll go back. I picked it up at REI, weighs a pound. It has made taking a break from the walking extremely comfortable in the snow and get's me up a bit higher to see a bit further.

25a795b2-af55-427a-b1dc-5e703ec4dd8b
I have one of these and like it quite a bit. It's a lot lighter that most of the Walmart and Amazon stools that I've seen. I also have the higher version of the hillsound btr and it's pretty nice as well.

Seeknelk

WKR
Absolutely NOT! But I'm usually climbing a lot of vertical and in a mix of mountain country , from alder choked slides to lodgepole hurdle sessions. NOT packing a chair. I do pack a 88 mm spotter tho🤔. A 4oz chunk of foam camp pad is on pack tho and I sit on the world anywhere I want.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
A chunk of thermareast foam pad. And lean against your Pack. Those stools suck on uneven ground or soft ground

Just found this from Helinox. Provided I could make sure the feet wouldn't sink, I'd likely get one.

gumbl3

WKR
If I know I'm gonna have a long ground sit, I take a crazy creek chair. I can sit pretty comfortable and still in that thing but it is easier when it's rifle season and I don't have to worry about being able to pull a bow back

I've tried stool, big Agnes stool and hellinox chair. Hellinox is way more comfortable with the back rest for long sits. You can also draw a bow out of it. I had issues this year with the feet sinking in wet ground but they have balls that go on the feet you can get or I was thinking of getting tennis balls and cut holes for the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Dennis

WKR
I do usually carry a stool. My current favorite is from "Outdoorsman" and is called "BTR" (Better Than a Rock). "Hillsound BTR Stool". I like the taller 17" version and it is light weight, collapsible,and folds up. Great for glassing and making sits more comfortable.