Do you carry a seat/stool when you hunt?

FLATHEAD

WKR
I stole the seat off my Turkey vest and just keep it strapped to my daypack.
Been thinking about a Millennium Tree Seat as I get older. But I also need
to carry as little as possible when hunting the hills.

I carry a Big Agnes Skyline Ultralight in my daypack and it's worth every ounce to me. After 3 hip surgeries it makes watching areas in the mornings and evenings much more enjoyable than sitting on the ground for prolonged periods of time.

B

Brando'

I tried climbers and then saddles. I hated them all. Went back to sitting on the ground. I hunt the same as you. National Forest and a lot of walking (exploring). I started using those types of stools you show but they just don't work well in the mountains. I started using this a few years ago and I don't see myself needing anything else. It is perfect.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I tried climbers and then saddles. I hated them all. Went back to sitting on the ground. I hunt the same as you. National Forest and a lot of walking (exploring). I started using those types of stools you show but they just don't work well in the mountains. I started using this a few years ago and I don't see myself needing anything else. It is perfect.

May have to try my hand at one of these. Would work for predator calling too.

Rfranke

FNG
I use a Thermarest Z sleeping pad for western big game hunting. It’s got the versatility to be an elevated seat, only about 6 inches high which is good enough for my short legs. It also gives me the ability to unfold and make uneven ground a flat spot to sit. I have also used it to lay prone and keep my whole body off the ground which is great for when the ground is wet or there is snow on the ground. It’s obviously larger than just a seat pad but it’s been worth carrying around for me. Also has worked great for getting in a comfortable position when shooting in a spot that isn’t level. I don’t rest my gun in it, more so to get my body in a comfortable position. In the past I used a gardening knee pad or an inflatable seat. I like the full z pad way more than those options. These can be found at a garage sale or on Craigslist for cheap too. I found mind in a free pile on the side of the road a few houses down from me!

I have a simple piece of 3/8 plywood cut as a moose antler-decoy/tree seat/charcuterie board
with holes to suspend from any tree handy, or set on the ground or as a dry spot on a wet stump
etc etc.......I hate single-purpose anything in my pack

robtattoo

WKR

I've been carrying the original version of this for about 10 years. Anywhere there's trees, I'm packing it. It's about the size of a Pringles tube & i can spend hours in it. Not the cheapest thing there is, but hands down the best money I've ever spent on gear.