DIY Moose Hunt Price

mcseal2

WKR
We booked our hunt in 2015 for about $5600 per person for the hunt, had about $8000 apiece in the hunt after all expenses were figured. We both got moose on our hunt. I am working toward going back, but it takes more saving for sure today. Everything is going up.

I wonder how much affect point creep in the lower 48 is having on prices as more hunters turn to AK looking for opportunity. I also wonder how many people went to AK on a "once in a lifetime" hunt like I did and fell in love with the place, keep finding ways to go back.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I bought a $495 plane ticket and will be buying an OTC tag. I will be staying out in the bush for maximum 10 days. I may not be successful but no way I’d spend asinine amounts of money for the possibility of killing a legal bull moose.

We booked our hunt in 2015 for about $5600 per person for the hunt, had about $8000 apiece in the hunt after all expenses were figured. We both got moose on our hunt. I am working toward going back, but it takes more saving for sure today. Everything is going up.

I wonder how much affect point creep in the lower 48 is having on prices as more hunters turn to AK looking for opportunity. I also wonder how many people went to AK on a "once in a lifetime" hunt like I did and fell in love with the place, keep finding ways to go back.

My wife and I did just that. Went in 22 on a caribou hunt. Fell in love and have been talking about going back ever since. And here we are. 2024 moosin on a float hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a $495 plane ticket and will be buying an OTC tag. I will be staying out in the bush for maximum 10 days. I may not be successful but no way I’d spend asinine amounts of money for the possibility of killing a legal bull moose.

To each their own and I understand where you are coming from.

We are going for the adventure first and foremost. By far the craziest and most extreme hunt her and I have done. 4 days in the Arctic is the only other trip we’ve done that compares. I’m hoping this one is more comfortable than sleeping on shell rock up a ridge with howling wind the entire time as well as being covered in grizzlies. (Although the bears weren’t a big deal even though they ate her entire bou)

wyosam

WKR

Hope you have a great hunt. Between truck and boat, I’ll spend more in fuel to get to my spot than your plane ticket cost, and I live here!

BlaserF3

FNG
How about in Canada?
Last year we paid about 4,000 CAD each x 4 guys in Quebec, Canada. Cabin, with a shower, boat with no motor, had to bring our own generator. Self guided. Pain to get to the place and English is not the main language up there.

252to208

FNG
I recently look into diy moose hunt in ak and was blown away with the cost. Ended up booking a hunt in Alberta for half the cost of Alaska. Definitely not a yukon moose but I’ll be fine with that.
I have looked into Canada as well being in Idaho it is was more driveable if want to and like you said the cost is way more reasonable.