Did Bowmar buy PSE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this all just because heaps of people don't like the Bowmars and they don't want to be associated with them, or give them money? Or is it more to do with the fact that people reckon PSE will go to crap and the quality of the products will suffer?
I don’t think the quality will suffer, it could be good for pse… personally, everyone makes great bows, so I won’t be tempted to support the Bowmars, and I don’t keep bows long enough to justify paying close to 2k for a bare bow, but I am not counting them out, but I don’t see myself buying a bow from a company the Bowmars own…

I’m curious how the brand changes under new ownership, could be better, could be worse

Historically, I buy a pse every 20 years, and I just got rid of one, my last one was a fireflight 33. (Short and compact back then 😂)

BBob

WKR
Pete Shipley
He (Pete Shepley) has to be in his mid to late 70’s by now and he’s tried to retire multiple times but it never worked. His son left in 2018. He (son Jon) was never able to fill the role and or Pete was too demanding (Pete for the record is very strong willed and demanding with a temper to match). I guess it’s finally time for Pete to hang it up. The range is gone and other changes have happened to the building in recent times. Last I looked some LLC out of Phoenix owned the property. Local word awhile back was they were going to move the facility but that didn't work out for some reason.

Last edited:
I don’t see how, financially speaking. Guess nose buttons will come standard now

The Bowmar’s have made millions selling supplements for working out. That said I would imagine they would need other investors and really lever up which doesn’t make a lot of sense with interest rates up almost 500% YTD.

Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
How many people know who the owners of Apple, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, General Mills, 3M, etc? Do you still buy their products? IMO if you like PSE buy PSE, I'm sure a lot of the owners of companies are pricks to a lot of people. Who cares, I'm sure they don't and I don't think most people are even going to know that PSE is under new ownership. The only people who are going to care are the ones reading about it on their phones or internet forums.

TheViking

WKR
The Bowmar’s have made millions selling supplements for working out. That said I would imagine they would need other investors and really lever up which doesn’t make a lot of sense with interest rates up almost 500% YTD.

Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think people underestimate the Bowmar's wealth.

I don't necessarily care for his hunting ethics, but Josh works his ass off, I'll give him that.

Those nose buttons and rip off grip tape sell like hot cakes. And as mentioned above, they do very well selling body building supplements, which can be pretty lucrative.

Add up all those millions of YouTube views as well -
He does dumb shit, but he does very well marketing it. You watch it because you think it's cool, or you watch it to see how dumb it is. Either way, he's getting YouTube views from it.

OP
F
Seems fair for someone who makes decisions like high school girl.
Sure maybe it’s petty but when there’s smoke there’s fire. In this case there’s a lot of smoke. Bowmars have severe allegations against them. Major poaching case, nutrition supplement defrauding and another case for burning without permits. Seems like too much to be a misunderstanding. And I’ll use my purchasing power to not support them, even if that’s a school girl way of buying.

How many people know who the owners of Apple, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, General Mills, 3M, etc? Do you still buy their products? IMO if you like PSE buy PSE, I'm sure a lot of the owners of companies are pricks to a lot of people. Who cares, I'm sure they don't and I don't think most people are even going to know that PSE is under new ownership. The only people who are going to care are the ones reading about it on their phones or internet forums.

The companies you listed are publicly traded. Most of us with index funds probably own some of most of them. It's awful easy to to find suitable alternatives to PSE so one need not be on a moral tirade to just choose a different bow and avoid supporting a guy who's been a shitty representative for hunting.

To be fair, this entire thread should be renamed "The cool kid table in the high school cafeteria". I mean hooooooooooollllyyy shit, there is a whole lot of whatever the opposite of "live and let live" is here.

Exactly. My goodness. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I teach high school full time and am baffled by grown individuals commenting here. Only thing missing from the thread at this point is a lot of the "IDK LOL OMG" language. C'mon guys...you can do better.

Exactly. My goodness. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I teach high school full time and am baffled by grown individuals commenting here. Only thing missing from the thread at this point is a lot of the "IDK LOL OMG" language. C'mon guys...you can do better.

Same, and same.

I saw the video with the truck fire. Can't really say whether it was staged or not but I can say that if that happened to me and I had a leaf blower nearby I might have given it a quick try to see if it'd help. I'd be panicking like hell and the last thing I would be concerned about would be what a bunch of keyboard warriors might have to say.

Either way, I'm going to buy a compound bow soonish (my first in a long time since I started trad bows) and I can't say this is making me think any different about the PSE stuff.

Zac

WKR
Sure maybe it’s petty but when there’s smoke there’s fire. In this case there’s a lot of smoke. Bowmars have severe allegations against them. Major poaching case, nutrition supplement defrauding and another case for burning without permits. Seems like too much to be a misunderstanding. And I’ll use my purchasing power to not support them, even if that’s a school girl way of buying.
Been waiting an awful long time for the fire. If the feds had anything on him, he would have been put away long ago. Seems the only time people trust Federal agents is when they are pursuing someone they don't care for. The only legitimate problem with Josh is that he's better looking, has a hotter wife, is a better hunter, and has expotentially more wealth than most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.