Did Bowmar buy PSE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3forks

WKR
Actually, if you go to Levi's website, there is no longer any mention of Bowmar products.

And our Mathews rep said that a current "big name" with PSE is looking to join the Mathews team.

Aron is owner of Kifaru and a PSE shooter.
Interesting.

I don’t stay too current on some of this stuff, so consider me now a little better informed.

Dudley going to Mathews would be noteworthy if that actually happens and is the big name your rep was referring to.

Reactions: ZDR

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
Bowmar or Bomar?

I don't know much about either other than I'm trying to get a part from Bomar. But it does seem there's lots of confusion as to which ones...
Definitely the Bowmars. Bomar is just a guy who makes good parts

Wapiti1

WKR
This would be disappointing. Maybe. I don't know. He is a tool, but clearly knows how to market and make dough. If he keeps his ideas out of the mix and listens to the shooters, maybe it'll work out.

That said, I'll be watching to see what shakes out and may be a Bowtech or Elite shooter when it's all said and done. Or Darton. Darton has always made some really good sleeper bows. Frankly, though, I'm tired of screwing with cables and twisting and shims and come on bow makers just pay the damn royalty.

Jeremy

Is this all just because heaps of people don't like the Bowmars and they don't want to be associated with them, or give them money? Or is it more to do with the fact that people reckon PSE will go to crap and the quality of the products will suffer?

TheViking

WKR
Who’s Greg Poole and why are we mad at him?!

This says enough…

c7152ee78fd5c05ceedb12a548a05d20.jpg

JStol5

WKR
Interesting.

I don’t stay too current on some of this stuff, so consider me now a little better informed.

Dudley going to Mathews would be noteworthy if that actually happens and is the big name your rep was referring to.
I would be astonished if Dudley goes to Mathews. I don’t think they’d give him the autonomy and name-branding he gets at PSE, slapping his name on a bunch of bows.

Maybe Kyle Douglas or someone else is going to Mathews, I just don’t see Dudley giving up that name-branding and degree of input into the design process.

Wapiti1

WKR
I will bet PSE ends up being acquired by an investment group the same as Bow Tech, Bear, and Elite in the near future. Might not happen on this deal but it’ll eventually happen to them.
I was thinking along the same lines. Vista comes to mind as the likely candidate. Seems like a lot of scratch for Bowmar to come up with.

I can't say it has been bad for the three brands you mention. All still make good bows. Service becomes the concern, to me.

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.