Dept of Interior Reaffirms Its Commitment to Fully Developing Public Land Green Energy.

CJ19

WKR
The Department of Interior took to its official Twitter (X) account Tuesday to reaffirm its commitment to fully developing renewable energy resources on federal public land and in public waters as a top party policy priority mandated by the Biden/Harris administration:
Interior is playing a leading role in creating a clean energy future through increased production of renewable energy on public lands and waters, including:

🌞 solar

🌬️ onshore and offshore wind

🌊 wave and tidal energy

💧 hydropower

Learn more: https://t.co/aUunDMGaoE pic.twitter.com/H0CJf7w4vS
— US Department of the Interior (@Interior) August 27, 2024

"At the start of the Administration, our nation had approved zero offshore wind energy projects. Today, we have nine - enough to power nearly 5 million homes. This is what developing a clean energy transition looks like,” - Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland, August 2024.

This position is re-enforced in numerous recent DOI actions including but not limited to:

Large scale power generation facilities such as Greenlink West and Ten Link Transmission Projects across vast swaths of public land-
www.doi.gov

Acting Deputy Secretary Daniel-Davis Highlights Department’s Clean Energy Progress in Nevada | U.S. Department of the Interior

Acting Deputy Secretary Laura Daniel-Davis visited Las Vegas today to highlight the Biden-Harris administration’s significant progress in meeting President Biden’s ambitious clean energy goals
www.doi.gov
www.doi.gov
www.doi.gov

Biden-Harris Administration Celebrates Groundbreaking of New Transmission Line, Delivering Clean, Reliable, Affordable Energy to Millions of Americans | U.S. Department of the Interior

Vice President Harris, Secretary of the Interior Haaland, Secretary of Energy Granholm, and National Climate Advisor Zaidi today celebrated the groundbreaking of Ten West Link, a new 500kV high voltage transmission line that will connect Southern California and Central Arizona.
www.doi.gov
www.doi.gov
Cancellation and transition away from OG on Public Lands to focus on renewables -
https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/b...otection-28-million-acres-public-lands-alaska

getting these renewable energy facilities built rapidly by streamlining the permitting process to eliminate troublesome red tape. - https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/i...mline-and-modernize-offshore-renewable-energy
www.doi.gov

Biden-Harris Administration’s Central Atlantic Offshore Wind Lease Sale Yields Nearly $93 Million | U.S. Department of the Interior

Interior announced the results from the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management’s wind energy auction for two lease areas offshore the states of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. The sale – the first in the region in a decade – resulted in two provisional winners and $92.65 million in winning bids.
www.doi.gov
www.doi.gov

It will be interesting to see if politically oriented hunting groups such as BHA, NWF, Randy Newberg, others continue to support/endorse this administration despite its policy prioritization of industrial scale development of public land for a second consecutive term. I was told by these groups that this administration was good for public land hunters but I have not found that to be the case. Consumptive use renewable development on public land will be the policy platform going forward since one side of aisle is pledging complete and comprehensive switch renewable energy generation within 1-2 decades. Here is some additional information from Reuthers if the link works for folks (https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-surpasses-renewable-energy-goal-public-lands-2024-04-11/). I will quote the article - "We know that clean energy including transmission lines, solar energy and storage projects on public lands is helping communities across the country to be part of the climate solution while creating good paying jobs," Interior Secretary Deb Haaland said on a call with reporters.

• The Interior Department has permitted nearly 29 GW of clean energy on public lands - enough to power more than 12 million homes.
  • The Bureau of Land Management, which manages 250 million acres of federal lands, has permitted more than 7 GW of projects since 2021. The agency is processing permits for an additional 32 GW of renewable energy.
  • The finalized Renewable Energy Rule will reduce fees for solar and wind projects on federal lands by 80% while streamlining the application process.

Personally, I am all of the above energy person and not against some development but the full scale, rapid development of renewables requires far more public land resources than something like OG. These are fresh projects that require long term consumptive use whereas OG infrastructure is there already and these facilities while not ideal are able to be hunted around or on top of in many cases. Unlike renewable facilities.

I hope you find this information useful in regards to the energy decisions being made on your public lands. I would encourage you to keep up to date on public land topics at the DOI newsroom on the official website which does a decent job with their releases.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-29.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-08-29.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 51
What a waste of American tax payer dollars and resources…..

The only people that benefit from the green new scam are the lobbyist that hold the government contracts. Oh, and foreign countries like China who manufacture that crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1MW needs 10 acres for solar. 29 GW would use up 290,000 acres, or 453 sq miles, to power 12 million homes (ha ha good luck with that).

The loss in habitat will have negative and adverse effects more so than the equivalent output that natural gas generation would have.

If this doesn't have a direct impact on hunting and other outdoors activity, I don't know what would other than careless and mindless legislation...

Ten Bears

WKR
these people have never given a $hit about the environment…it’s all been BS to manipulate portions of the population that make decisions on emotions.

targeted marketing to make themselves look like intelligent compassionate humans while in fact it was always a grift to move money into their pockets and the foreign interests that subsidizes the media for the soapbox.

it’s sinister at the roots. it’s causing real harm. and it’s totally unnecessary since there are viable options out there for energy.

1MW needs 10 acres for solar. 29 GW would use up 290,000 acres, or 453 sq miles, to power 12 million homes (ha ha good luck with that).

The loss in habitat will have negative and adverse effects more so than the equivalent output that natural gas generation would have.

If this doesn't have a direct impact on hunting and other outdoors activity, I don't know what would other than careless and mindless legislation...

If solar was the answer, they could give each home in America a solar setup, and probably save money compared to what they are giving in subsidies on these contracts

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
If solar was the answer, they could give each home in America a solar setup, and probably save money compared to what they are giving in subsidies on these contracts

this is something i hear people say a lot. an engineer that is competent with electric grids could explain it better but unfortunately this wont really work the way people think. The sporadic nature of small systems and fluctuation in load and that sort of stuff makes this implausible for the foreseeable future. its not just a matter of giving everyone a panel. a small panel on every roof feeding small amounts of current back into the system to power a large grid of users is nothing but a pipe dream.

now a small panel to help with 25% of a single houses electric or something. that works.

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
Very poor stewardship of our federal lands. If a farmer or rancher wants to put a solar array or a wind farm on their own land, so be it. Worth noting that the nameplate power of an energy-conversion plant is not the same as the actual annualized power realized over a year. In the case of a solar or wind farm in Idaho, expect only about 1/6 and 1/3 of nameplate power, respectively.

ozyclint

WKR
this is something i hear people say a lot. an engineer that is competent with electric grids could explain it better but unfortunately this wont really work the way people think. The sporadic nature of small systems and fluctuation in load and that sort of stuff makes this implausible for the foreseeable future. its not just a matter of giving everyone a panel. a small panel on every roof feeding small amounts of current back into the system to power a large grid of users is nothing but a pipe dream.

now a small panel to help with 25% of a single houses electric or something. that works.
Can you please tell that to our dumb ass Govt!
We have an epidemic of roof top grid feed solar here in Australia. During the day there is too much electricity and we can't use it all. They get payed next to nothing for it and now they want to tax what you feed into the grid.
People are suckers.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
There are a lot of oil derricks on blm around here. WhEre’s The oUtRage!?!?!?
The outrage about the oil derricks coming from same public land groups and "experts" that think this what public land hunters need in order to save the world.

squid-freshprints

Lil-Rokslider
Oil and gas leases don’t disrupt wildlife like solar farms and wind farms
Tell the Roan Plateau, battlement mesa, and piceance basin. As multi generational resident with friends and family currently and formally employed in the oil and gas industry I vociferously disagree. Sat imagery does not lie.