Denver area antler buyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy, I am in the Denver area visiting and was just wondering if anyone knows of an antler buyer around. I don't have a ton, but they are good ones. Big and brown.

def90

WKR
I think most of the buyers travel around from state to state and advertise when they will be in a certain location.. If you didn't just happen upon these illegaly not sure why you wouldn't have sold them in Wyoming vs you just happened to take a trip to Denver and brought your antlers with..

Scottyboy

WKR
How about Minnesota? I’ve had these over the years and they just hang in my utility room and I have no real need for them. Yes I’ll pick them up when legal just because, but I guess for no reason. Is selling a thing anywhere else besides the west? I’ve never heard of people buying/selling here

IMG_8341.jpeg

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
I’d love to see the sale of antlers from public land be outlawed. Or at least require a permit if you’re going to take a resource and sell it. You can’t sell wild game you harvest, would love to see the same rules apply for sheds.
So, you have a problem with the public taking a legal public resource and exercising freedom with what they do with said resource, if one of those ways is selling to a market where there is demand, and you think the government should either ban this practice or should be entitled to a higher cut of it than they already get by taxes (sales, export, who knows what else)?

What should we, as a society, do with the sheds, this public resource?

Still curious about what you and @DanimalW consider appropriate uses for picked up sheds are btw, which was my question. I imagine you have answers

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, you have a problem with the public taking a legal public resource and exercising freedom with what they do with said resource, if one of those ways is selling to a market where there is demand, and you think the government should either ban this practice or should be entitled to a higher cut of it than they already get by taxes (sales, export, who knows what else)?

What should we, as a society, do with the sheds, this public resource?

Still curious about what you and @DanimalW consider appropriate uses for picked up sheds are btw, which was my question. I imagine you have answers
Market value driven destruction of critical animal habitats is a big reason why many are opposed to unregulated shed hunting.

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
So, it’s okay to invade habitat on foot if we are trying to kill them, but not otherwise?

Is scouting ok? What about hiking?

Status
Not open for further replies.