Dehydrating meals, Back country meals, What do y'all do for food? Help appreciated !

colonel00

WKR
It would be really nice to put together a repository of meal recipes on here that could be easily searched.

Ray

WKR
It would be really nice to put together a repository of meal recipes on here that could be easily searched.

The sticky thread titled "Freezer Bag Cooking - Post your recipes here" in the Cooking section is probably as close as they are going to get. It is only three pages long and the last post was in October. I need to add my mashed taters "system" to that thread.

I got motivated. I just ordered one of the Excaliburs off this thread. I kind of like the idea of being able to customize my backcountry meals and dehydrate fruit off our fruit trees at home before they go to waste. Thanks for the thread and motivational idea.

OP
MissHighcountry_Hellrazor
Thanks everyone for their thoughts, recipes and tips! Like most of u, I desired the control of planning my own meals. I'm a nutritionalist and I plan my finance and I's meals down the the calorie (literally) based off the amount burned based on terrain, muscle breakdown, etc and loved the idea of controlling everything on a deeper level. Hence the reason I wanted to make my own.

Renoit24: yes we do have a vacuum sealer. There is nothing better than food savers- we use them to keep our elk lasting. Last year we used those bags for our backpacking meals 2. Such a great buy.

Colone100: Yea- we all should make a thread with great recipe options !

just picked up a five drawer lem from local gander mountain on sale to replace my very old wally world special. did a batch of grass fed ground beef jerky, the tastiest way ive found to fix the crap. stuff is so lean you cant grill it but makes a decent cajun jerk. nice dehydrator with temp control and timer. quiet and very heavy duty. will be looking to do my sun dried tomato recipe which makes a tasty garlic oregano olive oil concoction that is really good on any sandwich or addition to an italian dish.