Decision is IN!! Shoulder Mount or Euro Mount?

Euro or Shoulder mount?

• Euro

Votes: 94 51.6%
  • Shoulder mount

Votes: 88 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
First bucks are special. I’d go for a should.
It’s all about the experience and not the size, even tho that is a dandy buck.

I’m mounting one this year cause I killed it with my 2 year old on my back with my compound..

You only get one 1st! Mount it for her dad!

I'm in the shoulder mount camp - first buck, have the space for it and $, beautiful cape and buck! congrats! i think ALOT of shoulder mounts in one room look weird, but i love a nice piece of taxidermy/artistry on the wall. I mounted my first BIG buck cause it was very memorable (first backpacking hunt, got to watch the buck for many hours over several days before the hunt started...) Then i killed the buck in my profile pic the next year! Had to mount it too! So this is a good way to insure that she gets a bigger one next hunt!

He'd look great either way, but a good high quality shoulder mount would be awesome. Euros are much better than a lower quality shoulder mount. Just my opinion. And congrats again on a great buck :)

cgasner1

WKR
If she wasn’t jumping up and down to get the shoulder mount when you guys took pics the I would just do a euro. I got one hanging on the wall I’m debating on taking apart and putting on a plaque I regret mounting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHammer

WKR
The way I view mounts is as simple as the real special ones get shoulder mounted and the ones I’m happy to harvest get euro mounted. I try not to harvest anything that is not considered real special to me. But we aren’t her, ultimately what does she want? Maybe her husbands opinion matters as well? Congratulations to her on a beautiful buck!

I’m not sure if this is a factor or not but I wonder if there is a difference in timeframes between the two options. The taxidermist I use told me that he is telling folks to expect a 2 year lead time for shoulder mounts this year. Crazy!

brad,

no wrong answer here..... and a great buck. shoulder mounts look cooler, but euros are SO much easier to fit on a normal 8' wall.

I have a big muley on an 8' wall and it looks ridiculous. hunters love it. wife...... less so.

one big benefit of a euro is you can be completed with the project in a week, vs waiting a whole year on a shoulder mount.

congrats to the young lady.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I got a wall pedestal mount done on my first mule deer buck. I dropped it off with my taxidermist the opening day of our bow season(October 15th). I got the mount back before Thanksgiving. It looks awesome on my wall.

How long it takes just depends on timing of when you can get it to your taxidermist in my experience.

TheGDog

WKR
With a big stocky looking head/neck like that? Shoulder Mount!

EDIT: And be sure to give the Taxi pics of the animal from several angles, so he gets it right in terms of which plastic form to order. Which size-range he'll need.

Last edited:

finner

Lil-Rokslider
Euro...she'll be more likely to hold onto it and put it somewhere visible. Even if space isn't an issue, euro's just look better and find a spot easier in my house.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Still tied! 50:50

I’ve shared the thread with my daughter. Still undecided 😂

Rich M

WKR
I cut the skull plate on my only muley, 4x4 160. Wish i did a little more but dont feel a shoulder mount is worth the $.

Will do euro of some sort on my next antelope.

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
edited: tossed off comment gave an unintended wrong tone. Congrats to you and your daughter OP.

Last edited:

Randle

WKR
This has been interesting to watch
I bet shes more confused now then ever
What a fun dilemma