Decision is IN!! Shoulder Mount or Euro Mount?

Euro or Shoulder mount?

• Euro

Votes: 94 51.6%
  • Shoulder mount

Votes: 88 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cnelk

WKR
Okay WKRs…. It’s a poll question.

My daughter killed her first buck last week. She waited quite a few years to get the tag.
Fortunately I was there with her when she pulled the trigger.

She is now wondering if she should get a shoulder mount or do a euro.

I told her that I wouldn’t get another shoulder mount, but it’s a dandy buck, especially for her first one.

The buck taped out at 160 6/8” and has a 38” neck.

I caped it out, and the head is at my buddy’s who is doing the euro until she decides.

So, what does Rokslide say?

Euro or Shoulder mount?

(I will share the results with her)

DF8308AF-0D87-450B-8918-E7C45ED2170B.jpeg8323BDA1-926C-4CD7-968B-595522B7204E.jpeg

Last edited:

Randle

WKR
How many shoulder mounts already?
I say shoulder if she doesnt already have a house full.
Thats a great buck. congrats to her

N2TRKYS

WKR
First off, congrats to the young lady. I’m sure both of you were excited. I would definitely shoulder mount it.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
How many shoulder mounts already?
I say shoulder if she doesnt already have a house full.
Thats a great buck. congrats to her

No other shoulder mounts for her - her only other big game kill was a pronghorn - did euro

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
In this situation I have to say shoulder mount. Its her first deer, she doesn't already any other shoulder mounts. Unless a person just prefers euro over shoulder then I think you should shoulder mount it.

svivian

WKR
Euro all day long... they look better and its easier to move around if she decides to take it with her. Also since my wife mentions this.... euros are better for decorating with and around in the house.

I shoulder mounted my first good buck (also 160") and kind of regret it. I appreciate being able to take euro's off the wall/rack and admire them while reminiscing or story telling.

@svivian brings up another good point -- my wife favors the euros by a long shot for decorating reasons.

Juan_ID

WKR
She looks fairly young, I’d have to guess she’s likely to shoot bigger in years to come. I vote euro, as much as I love shoulder mounts I have several that I wished I’d have kept as euros because I like being able to grab them off the wall. Can’t grab shoulder mounts off the wall near as easily.

Randle

WKR
Haha now I think alittle diffetntly , I do like try take my euros down once in awhile and look at them . But I only have 1 shoulder mount So no regrets its only 1 . I say give her the input here good advice both ways

WCB

WKR
I have 14 shoulder mounts including 2 pedestals and around 10 Euros ( and a crap ton of cut offs screwed to the garage walls). We also have a bunch of birds and a couple fish. I don't really pickup and fondle my Euros except for the 2xs a year I do a good cleaning of all my mounts.

IMO you can't beat a QUALITY mount. Euros are nice but if it wasn't so expensive I'd have a few more mounted. With some of the mounts guys post on here I don't blame them for liking euros more. I also euro all my animals while waiting for the taxidermist to call and say he is ready to actually mount the animal. I'd say throw the cape in the freezer euro it and let is soak for a couple months and ask her again if she wants it mounted or likes the way it is. worst case you give the cape to a taxi and get a little discount on some future work.

I vote shoulder mount.

I think a buck like that with a late season cape will make a very nice mount. Also, it seems to me that it would likely be a stronger memory of you two on the hunt.

On the other hand, my lady seems to prefer the euros...

I recently got to see a very successful hunters trophy room. On top of all the euros, skins and shoulder mounts, he had framed photos of him and friends/family on the hunts all around the room.

Looking at the mounts was neat, but just seeing each photo almost took you back to that moment.

That’s a great looking buck she got.
I would suggest a wall pedestal mount, and then frame that a photo of you and her with the buck to put on the wall next to the mount.

I bet there wouldn’t be a day she doesn’t smile as she walks past that mount and photo.
3DE02E26-D2CF-4AAA-AA47-A0D52C7B7D86.jpeg
Wall pedestal mount above. Put the framed photo of you guys where one of the red spots are.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I vote shoulder mount all the way if it’s financially feasible. Nothing quite like looking at a good shoulder mount

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Thanks for the replies so far WKRs

In 2 hours, the poll is tied - 17:17

Interesting (y)