Decision is IN!! Shoulder Mount or Euro Mount?

Euro or Shoulder mount?

• Euro

Votes: 94 51.6%
  • Shoulder mount

Votes: 88 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fishslap

WKR
I think one good shoulder mount is nice then euro everything else. With that said, I’d shoulder mount this one. Very nice buck. I like big necks…

KHNC

WKR
She should absolutely do a shoulder mount. This is her first one, more memorable in my opinion. I had my daughters first Muley and First WT buck shoulder mounted for her. They still hang in her bedroom.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
What value are you bringing to the conversation, other than to flex your own muscles? You probably should have passed instead of shooting in the first place.

That’s just typical 5 Mi Back getting his post count up 😂

fishslap

WKR
What value are you bringing to the conversation, other than to flex your own muscles? You probably should have passed instead of shooting in the first place.
Thanks for saying this. I wanted to say the same but I also didn’t want to sully cnelk’s good thread. These types of posts from 5milesback have been persistent since I’ve been on this site and it really gets old. I don’t think he realizes how obviously bad it comes across to others.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My own muscles? Pretty sure everyone had to flex some sort of muscle to type their replies as well.???? He asked, I answered. IMO there is only one answer to the question: "It's her buck, so totally up to her". Let her decide. Oh, and I would have passed......I'm not a deer fan......especially this time of year when the bucks are destroying every bush and smaller trees on my property. But that's a whole other rabbit trail.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Thanks for saying this. I wanted to say the same but I also didn’t want to sully cnelk’s good thread. These types of posts from 5milesback have been persistent since I’ve been on this site and it really gets old. I don’t think he realizes how obviously bad it comes across to others.
What on earth are you talking about? Why are you guys trying to make this about me? Several posters offered "their opinion", as did I. What on earth???

CC11

Lil-Rokslider
A stud first buck, and has a big swollen neck and beautiful cape, I'd say shoulder mount!

It depends on how likely she is to kill a better buck in the next 10 years.

If she only hunts every couple years and doesn't get out very seriously, then this is a good one for a shoulder mount. It's a beautiful buck with a huge neck and great looking cape.

If she is a diehard and hunts every spare minute during the season every year with a good chance of killing a bigger buck in the next 10 years, I'd euro this one.

2rocky

WKR
It depends so much on other factors including:

What other Taxidermy does she have ?
Does she have a spot in the house she has always wanted to have a shoulder mount?
Does she plan to be a repeat Mule Deer hunter?

I have only 2 shoulder mounts in my home. My first archery buck ( a P&Y blacktail) and a P&Y Tule Elk (likely the only one I'll ever get).

I also have a cape getting tanned for the RM Bull elk I killed this fall which is my largest yet. I doubt I will kill anything bigger for 10 years or so. I've always wanted a Tule, Rocky and Roosevelt Bull Elk on the wall and I have a spot reserved for them with some other stuff as placeholders on the wall. If I get an 80" + antelope, I'd shoulder mount it. P&Y Mule deer in velvet with a nice cape (pretty unlikely) I'd shoulder mount it. I personally don't have a yearning to mount any Whitetail buck, waterfowl or birds.

That said, that is a beautiful buck and would make a striking mount with the rutted up neck and cape. But if the expense is too great, she doesn't have room, she thinks she can kill a bigger buck next year, she could get $250 for the cape and buy a pair of shoes...

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Poll is still neck and neck!

My daughter won’t be mule deer hunting again until she gets some more PPs, plus she and her husband have a toddler (my granddaughter) which keeps them busy

Cost and space aren’t an issue in their house

She does have a pile of elk PPs so that will be her next hunt.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
Beings it’s her first buck I vote Shoulder mount. She’ll appreciate it more as she ages and looks back on the memories with her Dad.

My first buck was a shoulder mount. But every other one I just euro myself. I would rather use the money I would spend on another tag and I like being able to let people hold and look at my euro mounts. But you only get one “first buck” so I say shoulder mount if that’s what she wants.