Dead Air Nomad Ti XC

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
This is the first 3d printed can I've had so I'm really interested in how it stacks up against a traditional welded baffle type like the scythe.
Looking down into the can you can definitely tell its additive manufacturing.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Scythe is a full inch shorter and 1.4 ounces lighter with a flat titanium front cap
We will see which one sounds better tomorrow
20241015_194450.jpg20241015_194602.jpg

Tahoe1305

WKR
Scythe is a full inch shorter and 1.4 ounces lighter with a flat titanium front cap
We will see which one sounds better tomorrow
View attachment 777658View attachment 777659
I’ll be slightly bummed (or impressed) if the XC isn’t quieter. Volume is still king in suppressor game….except “maybe” 3D printed may have advantage. In which case XC has both. Many will have to decide if 1”
And 1.6oz is worth it. I’d say would have to be 3-5db quieter metered for me to want it over the scythe. Hoping so though!

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Alright did some testing this morning.
I recorded it but the sound never translates over video but ill see i I can post those up.
I also noted the differences in poi and muzzle velocity,es,sd.
I will post the results shortly but the one thing I can tell you now is its definitely quieter at the shooters ear than the scythe by a significant margin.20241016_092358.jpg

B23

WKR
Alright did some testing this morning.
I recorded it but the sound never translates over video but ill see i I can post those up.
I also noted the differences in poi and muzzle velocity,es,sd.
I will post the results shortly but the one thing I can tell you now is its definitely quieter at the shooters ear than the scythe by a significant margin.View attachment 777891
I'm not surprised at all. Both the DA Nomad Ti and LTi have been very quiet cans and these new XC versions are supposed to be at least as good. I just barely finished the paperwork on the LTi XC and I'm already thinking I want the smaller Ti XC as well.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I'm not surprised at all. Both the DA Nomad Ti and LTi have been very quiet cans and these new XC versions are supposed to be at least as good. I just barely finished the paperwork on the LTi XC and I'm already thinking I want the smaller Ti XC as well.
That Lti xc is going to be really quiet...I would compare this Xc I have as almost the same sound suppression as the Enticer Lti, which is really good being more than 1 inch shorter. So I would expect the Xc Lti to out preform the enticer by a significant amount.

WKR
That Lti xc is going to be really quiet...I would compare this Xc I have as almost the same sound suppression as the Enticer Lti, which is really good being more than 1 inch shorter. So I would expect the Xc Lti to out preform the enticer by a significant amount.
Sorry if I missed it, but what cartridge did you test it on?

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR

10 shot string with the Nomad. After 5 rounds I pulled the ear pro out to get a better idea of the sound. Also the mirage after 5 rounds had an effect on the group as I was struggling to see through it. Wish I would have put a cover on the can.
Here is the first five before mirage had an effect
20241016_123854.jpg
And the full 1020241016_141526.jpg

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR

5 rounds with the scythe. I've already shot multiple 10 round groups at sub 3/4 moa and verified at 500 yards. So I just shot a 5rd string for sound comparison. Took ear pro out at round 2 or 3.

5 round group20241016_093747.jpg

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
As you can see in the pictures, the scythe was a near perfect zero, without changing anything besides the muzzle device, I had a 0.1 poi shift. Which is to be expected when changing harmonics and also looking at the numbers, makes sense as the Nomad was about 10fps faster than the scythe. Here are the numbers from that 10rd string and a random 9rd with the scythe Screenshot_20241016-125434_ShotView.jpgScreenshot_20241016-125502_ShotView.jpg

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Sorry if I missed it, but what cartridge did you test it on?
25 creedmoor
Which reminds me, the scythe that I used to compare has a 6.5 flat front cap
And the XC has a 30 cal front cap

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
My conclusion:
The new nomad is a bad ass can. And if you don't mind the extra weight/length it performs better than the scythe.
That being said, if size/weight are the number one priority for you, I'd go with the scythe.
Where I would pick the Nomad over the scythe, is on a sub 20 inch barrel.

That 25 creed has a long barrel (to me anyway) at 23 inches, so thats where that scythe will live.
I have a 19" barrel being chambered right now and I feel like thats will be perfect for the Nomad with a little bit longer overall length.

They are both great, and neither are the wrong answer. If you are looking to buy one....just buy both 😆