Dallas / Fort Worth Area

mrddye

FNG
Did the meet up ever happen? New guy here and bumping this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if it happened but I would be down to go shooting or go to the archery range . It would be cool to talk to some bow hunters , as I am new to archery.

Rock-o

WKR
I'd get together for a burger and beer but have no interest in going to a public range.

T_J

FNG
New guy here...

I'd be interested in opening my home for a get together if folks are up for it. Plenty of room at my place for people to hang on the patio or out by the fire pit, and the archery guys amongst us can set up their targets in the backyard.

Last edited:

Fnbetx

FNG
Hey, for you guys that live/travel in Dallas/Ft.W area, can you help?? I ALWAYS have trouble getting through that area on my way to Chama for my Elk hunt. Out of Louisiana, I take 20 to 635 in Dallas then 35E to Denton. Turn West on 380 to Decatur, then 287 North to Amarillo.
Last 3 years I stayed on 20 through Dallas on to Ft. Worth, then North on 35W to 287, then 287 to Decatur and on to Amarillo.
As you can imagine, no matter which way I go, I always get stuck in a traffic mess. Seems like Ft. Worth has LOTS of construction up 35W.
Can anyone "show me the way" that might be a little less hectic? The tollways in Ft. W scare the bejesus out of me, worried they will track me down because I didn't get the bill in the mail.
So as to not hijack this thread anymore than I already have, if you could PM me with your super secret way to get through the Dallas/Ft. W area heading from 20 on my way to Amarillo. Thanks !!

edited to add: I did try hwy 69 from Tyler, Lindale, Mineola up to 380. That was painful, once I hit 380, seemed like traffic lights at every corner, school traffic, shopping traffic, whew !! Never went that way again.
If you go 69 again, stay on up to Sherman, take 82 west to 287, you will miss all of Dfw traffic

TheCougar

WKR
Maybe try 30 or 183 (toll road option on 183) to 820, then 199 to Jacksboro then on to Amarillo. Adds 20 minutes over your Denton route (not counting traffic). I live just west of FW and I take that route to Amarillo.

maybe try 30 or 183 (toll road option on 183) to 820, then 199 to Jacksboro then on to Amarillo. Adds 20 minutes over your Denton route (not counting traffic). I live just west of FW and I take that route to Amarillo. 30 and 183 are the best ways, especially if you have the toll tag option.

maybe try 30 or 183 (toll road option on 183) to 820, then 199 to Jacksboro then on to Amarillo. Adds 20 minutes over your Denton route (not counting traffic). I live just west of FW and I take that route to Amarillo. 30 and 183 are the best ways, especially if you have the toll tag option.

Where do I catch 30 at if I am on 20 traveling from Shreveport West bound toward D/FW? Stay on 69 to 30 ??

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
This may be a dead thread but figured I would ask. Would anyone be down to go to cinnamon creek to shoot ?

atmat

WKR
Looks like this thread died years ago but here’s a shot. Anyone have a barrel vice and/or Tikka action wrench I could use to change a barrel? Happy to pay in beer or something similar.

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
Dallas here. I shoot at IBA, trying to make it out at least weekly until September.

Lets keep this thread rolling-- any TX guys wanna meet up over at White Rock Lake Brewery or somewhere similar one of these nights?