Dallas / Fort Worth Area

North Texas multi-gun or Elm Fork archery range or Cinnamon Creek Archery Range.... I'm game after I get done Sheltering in place in Wyoming at the end of bear season....

TxAg2017

FNG
Crowley/Burleson, would also be down for a meetup at some point. Seems like we could build a nice network here, had no idea there would be so many from the area.

aarmst95

WKR
I’m stationed out in Wichita Falls! I also didn’t realize how many of us were from around these parts! A meet up would be awesome!

Fort Worth born and raised

Anybody have a good gunsmith in the area? Need the get a barrel cut down/threaded and a brake timed. I’ve used Big Dave at what used to be Elk Castle and he does pretty good work but wondering if there are any other good options. Haven’t been in there since the owner/name change.

Thanks,
Chase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR

Anybody have a good gunsmith in the area? Need the get a barrel cut down/threaded and a brake timed. I’ve used Big Dave at what used to be Elk Castle and he does pretty good work but wondering if there are any other good options. Haven’t been in there since the owner/name change.

Thanks,
Chase

Alamo Precision

Thanks,
Chase

Alamo Precision-- Hurst-- only and best option out there

Hey, for you guys that live/travel in Dallas/Ft.W area, can you help?? I ALWAYS have trouble getting through that area on my way to Chama for my Elk hunt. Out of Louisiana, I take 20 to 635 in Dallas then 35E to Denton. Turn West on 380 to Decatur, then 287 North to Amarillo.
Last 3 years I stayed on 20 through Dallas on to Ft. Worth, then North on 35W to 287, then 287 to Decatur and on to Amarillo.
As you can imagine, no matter which way I go, I always get stuck in a traffic mess. Seems like Ft. Worth has LOTS of construction up 35W.
Can anyone "show me the way" that might be a little less hectic? The tollways in Ft. W scare the bejesus out of me, worried they will track me down because I didn't get the bill in the mail.
So as to not hijack this thread anymore than I already have, if you could PM me with your super secret way to get through the Dallas/Ft. W area heading from 20 on my way to Amarillo. Thanks !!

edited to add: I did try hwy 69 from Tyler, Lindale, Mineola up to 380. That was painful, once I hit 380, seemed like traffic lights at every corner, school traffic, shopping traffic, whew !! Never went that way again.

Last edited: