CX Maxima Hunter and Mayhem Hunter replacement

Carbon Express is not making standard diameter Maxima Hunter or Mayhem Hunter anymore so need to find a replacement. Have enough of each to get through this season but want to start working on finding a replacement now.

Gold Tip Hunter seems to be close to the maxima Hunter in specs for weight and spine.

Haven’t found much at 9.8 gpi and 0.347” spine to line up with Mayhem Hunter.

Open to any suggestions.

Zac

WKR
Your instincts on the GT Hunter are correct. So please just stop reading this thread now unless you want mass confusion.

You have Maxima Red in 350 @9.1 gpi and .342ish spine. ( Not the SD)

Gt hunter 340 @ 8.9 gpi.

Victory VF TKO 350 @ 8.7gpi, this is another carbon weave arrow, SS insert they offer @ 33 gr would put you really close to your previous weight.

Easton 6.5 Hunter 350 @ 9.3 gpi (personally not a fan the shafts seem to have memory)

Those are choices in a standard .244-.246 I'd.

Here's some that are closer on but would be a .204 shaft.

Easton Axis 340 @ 9.5 gpi.

Cx Maxima RED SD Contour 350 @ 9.7 gpi. Spine of .344.

Of course any number of options to get to the same previous weight with heavier insert and point weight. Might or might not need to increase spine. In my experience CX really does hit their spine consistently. I shot them for a number of years because they were the most spine consistent arrow I had found. The gold tip shafts will range on spine a good bit, tho I have found that it's not that big of a deal. GT pro hunters are my current and past few years hunting shafts. Use to be you could save the weight code off the box and order new shafts in that code, supply chain wrecked that. I have 4 dozen tho so I'm ok for now.

OP
doverpack12
Your instincts on the GT Hunter are correct. So please just stop reading this thread now unless you want mass confusion.
These are for my friend and my dad. I shoot gold tip hunters and am happy. My friend shoots the maxima which is my old arrow and those are still the most durable arrow but I wanted and needed 300 spine shooting extra weight on the front.

OP
doverpack12
Looks like CX D Stroyer MX Hunter is the direct replacement to maxima Hunter so that one is solved. Might just go 300 spine to match up with the mayhem, it won’t negatively affect that bow.

I am in the same boat with trying to find a replacement for the CX Maxima Hunter. I am considering two choices, 1) CX Maxima Red Contour 350 shafts, or 2) Black Eagle Carnivore 350 Shafts. I shoot a Mathews Drenalin at 58 lbs, I usually build my own arrows using a 3 inch Right helical feathers, tipped with a 125 gr. field point/broadhead. I have had years of very reliable experiences with the old Maxima Hunters, and could use any recommendations on selection....

OP
doverpack12
Fwiw, Those maximas had the worst durability of any carbon I’ve shot- terrible.

Literally anything is better.

Interesting, between myself and 3 other friends they are far and away THE most durable carbon we have tried. From .166 through standard diameter. Haven’t tried every brand or model within each brand but we have tried a lot.

OP
doverpack12
I am in the same boat with trying to find a replacement for the CX Maxima Hunter. I am considering two choices, 1) CX Maxima Red Contour 350 shafts, or 2) Black Eagle Carnivore 350 Shafts. I shoot a Mathews Drenalin at 58 lbs, I usually build my own arrows using a 3 inch Right helical feathers, tipped with a 125 gr. field point/broadhead. I have had years of very reliable experiences with the old Maxima Hunters, and could use any recommendations on selection....

Look at the Carbon Express D Stroyer MX Hunter. They are identical specs in 350 spine

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW, currently shooting the newer Maxima Sable but with the 50 grain brass inserts and some additional 12-ish grain "weights" I made via. turning down some socket head screws. Arrow length is 25.5 C2C, total weight 437(ish), 275 FPS and roughly 13% FOC. I'm not an FOC blowhard by any means but these arrows have flown great with any decent fixed head I've tried out to 65.

Beendare

WKR
Interesting, between myself and 3 other friends they are far and away THE most durable carbon we have tried. From .166 through standard diameter. Haven’t tried every brand or model within each brand but we have tried a lot.
I shot the Maximas the first year they came out for 3D…probably 15 years ago now maybe longer..not sure. Total junk…maybe they got better after that.