CVA Customer Service Disappointment

Dryfly1

FNG
I purchased a CVA optima V2 LR. When I put the gun together and attempted to put the jag and the ram rod together the jag would not screw into the rod. I figured the threads were buggered and tried another jag. Same result. I called CVA customer service today expecting to get a replacement rod sent out. Three people told me that they had a design issue and changed the rod so you could not thread a jag onto that end of the rod. All three admitted they were selling a known poor design and offered to do nothing to help. I asked the supervisor if he had ever hunted with a muzzle loader and he said "no". He went on to say they were working on a new design but did not know when they would be released or if the policy would be to replace the poorly designed crap they are providing. The ram rod is not even long enough to push an obstruction out of the barrel. When I pointed this out the rep told me that was to compensate for the load. I guess everyone uses a load known to CVA for their guns. Buyer Beware. A remarkable example of poor customer service.

DFOCR

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I hope a lot of owner of CVA weapons see this post. I have two of their weapons. Mine are both well over fourty years old, you know, back when everyone put out good reliable products, and backed them up. It sounds like you need to go further up the chain of command. Remember, it's the squeaky wheel that get the oil.