Dont be like me, buy a range rod

peteo

FNG
I failed to remove my ramrod from my Savage 10ml2 before shooting. 65 grains of IMR4198, orange mmp sabot and a .458 300 gr Remington JHP. Recoil was very harsh. It was my first shot and thought I did not shoulder rifle correctly. New powder load down the barrel, started sabot and bullet and could not find my ramrod anywhere. I realized what I had done. Got my cleaning rod and pushed bullet down to about 5 inches from breech plug and bullet fell down bore. I had bulged my barrel due to my carelessness. I was fortunate that is all that happened. It was also a testament to the quality of Savage barrels. A part of my ramrod also hit the target at 100 yds.

Sudsy

FNG
I keep telling myself once its sighted in that i am just gonna leave it, but of course shit happens. My 3rd season with it, 2nd season the factory scope mounts came loose so i had to re sight it in. This year i got a better scope and rings and had to do it again. Im hoping i will only be shooting it at animals from now on.
VIBRA-TITE Threadlocker - what a lot of gunsmiths use for ring screws that don't want to stay put.

NMRN

FNG
Be a brilliant idea if it works. You have my attention ! Where do I find one ?
Pretty much anywhere. Amazon definitely. Been using one for years. Works just fine. I also use a brass range rod and a ball starter when sighting in/practicing. Ball starter lives on my lanyard with my pan charger.