CVA Accura LRX Factory Williams Sight

Looking into first muzzleloader and considering the LRX 50 cal for CO. Has anyone purchased one that comes with the Williams peep?

I saw reports that some guys had no elevation adjustment. It also shows the LRX not being compatible with the peep sight kit online so wanted to see what is suggested to use for this setup.

Thanks!

EVO6

Lil-Rokslider
I had to buy the Williams sight separately, haven’t had any issues. I read on another thread that the first models were having issues. They were able to contact CVA or BPI and they sent them the correct system. I would call customer service, they should be able to get you lined out.

I had to buy the Williams sight separately, haven’t had any issues. I read on another thread that the first models were having issues. They were able to contact CVA or BPI and they sent them the correct system. I would call customer service, they should be able to get you lined out.
I did just about the same thing last year with my MR-X replacing the factory sights with the Williams Western Precision set. I wound up calling Williams and the story that I got for the set being listed as not fitting on their website was that the sights were made for the older non threaded barrels, so they didn't fit as well on the new threaded barrels and some guys were not able to get enough adjustment out of them. Not sure if that's all that was going on, but mine seems to work just fine.

Fuenstock

FNG
I bought a MRX western edition with the Williams peep sights 1.5 years ago and I did have a problem with running out of elevation adjustment on the sight.
I called cva and the sent me a replacement rear ramp free of charge which fixed the issue.
I was told when I talked to cva that it was just a problem on the first run of rifles and has now been fixed.
I would suspect if your buying a new mrx it probably already has the new taller rear ramp.
Or if it doesn’t cva will send you a free rear ramp.

I’ll have mine in a couple days and also ordered the Williams precision sight. Williams site says the lrx and mrx are not compatible but I’ve spoke to a few people that have them and say they have been updated and work now but williams just hasn’t updated the website. I can tell you for sure once I get mine tho.

Well a little update I got the sights yesterday and installed them. The bolt for the rear sight is a thread or so too long so I shaved a bit off then it fit without bottoming out. Could just add a washer too and that would do the trick. I am going to try to shoot a handful this evening then I’ll let you know if I run out of elevation adjustments.

So I’m sorta in same situation as you as i have NOT tested mine with open sights.
I bought LR-X w/ Williams Sights (peep in rear and fiber optic up front ).
Im in CO so it must be Open sights. But i also wanted the option to hunt other states. I right away took off rear peep and replaced it with Ace In The Hole (super easy change out). This is where i heard people having issues. But sounds like its due to two different models (old vs new?). So i just called Williams and tech guy explain led that the one I have (purchased from muzzle-loaders) should be fine nits the model number 679010 and it should have enough elevation.
I am now waiting for front globe to come back jnto stock and will replace fiber optic with it.
I did shoot mine with a scope (placed on ace in the hole) and it worked great

Alright so got a chance to shoot and unfortunately the 300 gr Thor full bores were just so tight I couldn’t load them but shot some 330 grain elr and with that sight ramp right in the middle it was almost perfect at 50 yards still lots of adjustment to go either way. First three shots out of this rifle and so far I’m impressed

Attachments

• 41BB273B-35E1-47BF-8A89-2003A8E3D370.jpeg
    41BB273B-35E1-47BF-8A89-2003A8E3D370.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 1

HutchWV

FNG
I got an accura last year. I got the MR-X that came with the peep sight and musket cap breech plug with holes to the exterior so its legal for Idaho. It came with a 209 breech plug too I believe. I was shooting federal 350 grain bor lock all lead with the plastic removed from the tip to make it legal and they shot pretty well with 120 grains of 777. But to your original question. I could not get it to shoot even close to the right elevation with the stock sight ramp. It was wayyy low. I contacted CVA and they sent me a much higher ramp that got the job done, but it only mounted with one screw vs the original 2 screws. Anyway it got the job done and I got my pronghorn.

elkivory

FNG
I have an accura v2 that I put the williams precision sight on. I also have a TC Omega I bought 15 or so years ago. My son and I are both hunting Colorado muzzy and that's why I am keeping up on the williams sight for accura MR-X or LR-X. We might get one in place of the omega. The omega has fiber optic open sights and I like the williams sight much better.

Looking into first muzzleloader and considering the LRX 50 cal for CO. Has anyone purchased one that comes with the Williams peep?

I saw reports that some guys had no elevation adjustment. It also shows the LRX not being compatible with the peep sight kit online so wanted to see what is suggested to use for this setup.

Thanks!
I didnt receive much help from the guys at Williams, but I did call muzzle-loaders.com and they were a big help. Ended up going with the willaims globe site, double stacked the fiber optic with the crosshair hold over reticle and used the ace in the hole peep sight to be able to put a bubble level on my rail to ensure I am level when i take longer range shots. But the guys over at muzzle-loaders were awesome to work with.