Custom Rifle Options...

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to have a custom rifle built. Looking to spend anywhere from 3-5k. Would preferably like a chassis rifle that has a raisable comb and ability to change LOP. Plan on using the rifle for elk- would like ability to take an elk out to 700ish so I’ll be looking at 300PRC or 300WM, at least 1/2MOA guarantee. Good warranty and customer service important. Any recommendations?

The list of competent gunsmiths these days is very long. A lot of the names you'll see repeated on forums might have long waits, I don't see any reason to wait half a year or more with all of the good options.

Do not get caught up on accuracy guarantees, it will not be an issue with a gunsmith that's worth his salt. I have had rifles with great guarantees be a PITA to get shooting. The range trips and reloading time and $ wasted meant a lot more than any guaranty.

I've used a handful of different gunsmiths. At this time my first stop would TS Customs in SD but i wouldn't hesitate to look elsewhere if Travis couldn't accommodate what I'm looking for. If I were you i'd pick the lone peak action that fits your weight/budget goals and spec a barrel and have Travis spin up a barreled action and throw a trigger in it for you. Order a XLR element or christensen MPR chassis and a mag or two and you're ready to go.

Jon Beanland is another that is fantastic to deal with and it seems he has pretty good turn around times.

Some other places you can look for barreled actions and choose based on availability:

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Shoutout to my local gunsmith Jeff Hayes - was formerly at the renowned GA Precision and works hard to ensure you get what you're paying for. He's built 2 rifles for me and they are stupid accurate

ttp://www.riversbendguncompany.com/

Djacker

WKR
I have a TS customs and an Alamo Precision. Both rifles shoot great, both companies were very easy to deal with. Highly recommend either.

OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a good tripod for hunting use to go along with my build- any recommendations there? I’ve been taking a look at RRS - any thoughts?

Jakeweb09

WKR
Looking for a good tripod for hunting use to go along with my build- any recommendations there? I’ve been taking a look at RRS - any thoughts?

RRS Makes some of the best out there. I guess you need to take a look at what you’ll be doing, backcountry packs or quick day hunts. If extended trips I’d look for something lighter. I shoot off of a surui with a ball head it’s just under 2lbs with ball head included and the ball head is great because you can flatten out your rifle much easier on steep slopes then a pan head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...n then it was 97 TrickMoves, ...but aint NoThang differy than the Tikka or Barrett

Least U can claim a Custom, but BTDT

seen a Dog chase its Tail...

OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
If you had to go with RBros rifle or Fierce Carbon Fury Which would you go with? I have a 6.5 creed for antelope and deer but looking at 300WM or 300PRC for elk... any thoughts on WM vs PRC? If I can get away with 1/2MOA using factory ammo that would be great

Jakeweb09

WKR
If you had to go with RBros rifle or Fierce Carbon Fury Which would you go with? I have a 6.5 creed for antelope and deer but looking at 300WM or 300PRC for elk... any thoughts on WM vs PRC? If I can get away with 1/2MOA using factory ammo that would be great

Travis at rbros guarantees half MOA and will send you off with the load that will do it. He will also build specific for factory ammo offerings. I would take a build by him 10x over before I considering fierce or Christensen arms type factory offerings. Not saying those company’s don’t make a fine rifle but I don’t think they’re in the same ballpark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And not only that.
Travis guarantees that prone off a bipod.
Sends a dummy round all you do is copy that load.
I have a 2nd rifle from him a 6.5 creedmoor and it 1 holes factory ammo.
The Rouge action is smooth as butter and the bolt handle is just big enough without being obnoxious.
300 win vs 300 prc well I was highly interested in the prc but Travis opinion was that the factory ammo was inconsistent at the time. That may have changed. He will shoot ya straight.
You could always have @Unknown Munitions load it to Travis specs and I'm sure it would shoot fantastic.

OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
@BRTreedogs - how do you like the comb riser on your RBros? I’m guessing it’s a weight savings over the integral? Does it stay locked up pretty well? Think I’m leaning toward going with the RBros