Custom Rifle Options...

SDHNTR

WKR
Wow, those things are quite the contraptions! Not cheap either. I think for that money I’d just buy another shoot through Chrono.

Wow, those things are quite the contraptions! Not cheap either. I think for that money I’d just buy another shoot through Chrono.
Don't kid yourself trying to shoot groups thru a shoot threw isn't that easy ether.
It takes quite a bit of time to get it all set up to line up with the target.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty much on board with the cry once, buy once theory. I've tried a lot of different ways, and had I just spent the money the first time, I'd be way better off. At least with the Wiser setup, I can not only shoot for accuracy, I can still get speeds as well. It saves me time in the long run. And probably some components as well.

SDHNTR

WKR
I'm pretty much on board with the cry once, buy once theory. I've tried a lot of different ways, and had I just spent the money the first time, I'd be way better off. At least with the Wiser setup, I can not only shoot for accuracy, I can still get speeds as well. It saves me time in the long run. And probably some components as well.
Yes, and for that reason I’m considering biting the bullet on Labradar.

Good choice, if you wanted a cheaper route for your next one, try badrock rifles. Defiance action, mdt chassis, triggertech, and aftermarket barrel. I'm not sure of which barrel brand, but the prs guys rave about them. You can get one for $2k.
They've added this year that the barrel maker is X Caliber

New to the precision shooting world.. if I’m getting .5in spread on my caliper and I’m shooting 6.5 (.264) does this mean I’m shooting a 1/4min group?

Sorry for bumping this old thread. Looking at building this same exact rifle. How have you liked it so far? Curious what your average grouping has been with factory ammo. Any thing you wish you did differently with the build? I’m even looking at the same scope and rings as you.

Just build one yourself. That's what I did last year. Had a buddy with a barrel vice thread my barrel on. Costed about 2600. Bighorn Origin Carbon Six barrel Triggertech Diamond and an AG stock. Greyboe bottom metal. EC Tuner break until I get a can. Half moa gun all day with factory and the tuner.

OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for bumping this old thread. Looking at building this same exact rifle. How have you liked it so far? Curious what your average grouping has been with factory ammo. Any thing you wish you did differently with the build? I’m even looking at the same scope and rings as you.
I love the rifle. Not exactly a fan of the collapsible stock though. Works great but have to be cognizant of how you set down in diff terrain/conditions. I set my pack down a few seasons ago with the collapsed end touching snow. End up needing the rifle to take a bull and had come to find that ice had frozen between the joint of the stock… almost couldn’t get it locked into place to take the shot. Had to spend a few mins picking the ice out. I know better now to really keep an eye for where I set that down but just food for thought. Not that I will ever purchase a custom again but if I did it wouldn’t be from Blue Precision. He’s not a custom friendly person in my opinion- of which I’ve heard from others as well. I’m new to the custom world so some of the questions I had for him almost seemed irritable to him. I would never use him in the future for that reason alone. If I’m spend 5k on a rifle from someone I expect some assistance with whatever question I have regardless of how basic the question may seem to them