Cumulus Sleeping Bags

After doing some research it looks like cumulus bags are roughly $150-$300 cheaper than similar bags in western mountaineering, FF, and stone glacier. Can those who have cumulus bags comment on durability and warmth vs the competition? Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have researched to death,there’s a reason people buy wm and they have a good resale.
Just bite the bullet,im getting ready to.
I bought a ugq quilt and there at the top of the quilt market and couldn’t hardly give it away at 1/2 price.

OP
W
I have researched to death,there’s a reason people buy wm and they have a good resale.
I bought a ugq quilt and there at the top of the quilt market and couldn’t hardly give it away at 1/2 price.

Thank you for your input!

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
I cant comment on Cumulus however I just bought the stone glacier chilkoot 15 and tested in the back yard to 20f . It is appears to be good quality and I was toasty! After freezing on my last hunt I went down the rabbit hole of bags and the SG checked all the boxes on weight, size, warmth, and treated down. Best of luck on your journey!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I own a WM bag, have used FF bags. My next bag will be a Cumulus. Not even a second thought. I can get the exact bag I want, in the material I want, the amount of fill that I want, in the color I want for less than any of the comparable bags from WM, FF, or SG. WM and FF are using Polish down in their bags too, what makes you think it's better than the Polish down going in to the Cumulus bags? 900fp is 900fp. I love my WM bag, but you pick the bag you want, and the only option you get is overfill. They pick the color. At least FF has a couple of color options for each bag, but that's pretty much it.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

valtteri

FNG
I have a Cumulus Teneqa 850 bag with overfill. I also have a WM Alpinlite.

I had the Cumulus totally customised to my liking. And when I rolled onto a hot stove and melted parts of the bag, Cumulus repaired it and added even more down at my request, for very little money.

I’ve slept in it at around -22F or so and have been just toasty. I would say it’s simply the best bag I’ve ever had. I chose Pertex Quantum as the shell fabric and that is an awesome fabric, super water resistant. The down is excellent, I always feel like I’m crawling inside a fluffy cloud when I get in. 😊

The Alpinlite is also an awesome bag. The zipper guide is better in the Alpinlite, but that’s a minor thing. In my opinion they are equal in all aspects of quality.

If I lost the Cumulus today, I’d order a new one tomorrow, that’s how I feel about them.

Last edited:
Never said they were better.
Said people buy them for a reason even though there high,they also have a great resale compared to others.Im sure cumulus is good as well.

OP
W
I have a Cumulus Teneqa 850 bag with overfill. I also have a WM Alpinlite.

I had the Cumulus totally customised to my liking. And when I rolled onto a hot stove and melted parts of the bag, Cumulus repaired it and added even more down at my request, for very little money.

I’ve slept in it at around -22F or so and have been just toasty. I would say it’s simply the best bag I’ve ever had. I chose Pertex Quantum as the shell fabric and that is an awesome fabric, super water resistant. The down is excellent, I always feel like I’m crawling inside a fluffy cloud when I get in.

The Alpinlite is also an awesome bag. The zipper guide is better in the Alpinlite, but that’s a minor thing. In my opinion they are equal in all aspects of quality.

If I lost the Cumulus today, I’d order a new one tomorrow, that’s how I feel about them.

I’m looking at the teneqa 700 which has a comfort level of 14deg shouldn’t get any colder than that for my hunts.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, they don't offer much in the semi rectangular line, but that isn't their target demographic. I like the comfort of semi-rectangular bags, but I don't care for the increased weight and pack size. For camping near the truck, there's nothing better.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

RoseAllen

Lil-Rokslider
I went down that hole as well. Now I have two custom Cumulus bags and three of their jackets. Their jackets are better than any of the hunting brands.