CPW Staff changed it's recommendation, they now support archery OTC for residents

Hnthrdr

WKR
Because the 10% quota reduction is off the total quota, it reduces the number of actual NR tags by 28.6%. For every 100 quota, NR previously got 35, now we get 25. 10 less tags from 35 is 28.6% reduction.

I'm not complaining, only explaining.
You still get 25 of the hundred. This is a 10 percent reduction from the previous 35…

Hnthrdr

WKR
So if I have 100 dollars, and give you 35 dollars, but then times are tough and I give you 25 dollars of the 100 instead of 35, you would call that a 28% reduction in pay?

TheHammer

WKR
Newburg and Jacobson recently covered states having the right to manage their own wildlife resources. All non residents should be in support of resident conservation priorities. Before more of these “non profits” make state resources a federal issue with ballot box initiatives. Each state needs solid representation for managing its own resources or we are all going to loose! The cpw has officials not working oh behalf of the interests of conservation under the North American big game management model. There are several states with corrupt officials who should not be in power. As a nr co annual hunter I am beyond grateful for the opportunities that the state has given me. If a state needs to make adjustments to grow resident opportunities to grow numbers, non residents should be thankful the states even allow nr opportunities, when they could all easily allocate 0% nr opportunities. Just realize the resident costs are going to significantly increase when nr opportunities are reduced, even if the remaining nr costs increase.

OP
G

GodSpeed1

Lil-Rokslider
Internet age has a massive negative effect on Colorado hunting and in general with tourons showing up because an influencer puts up an video of themselves in the woods at some out of the way place, and every one shows up. Witness every National Park in Colorado having a reservation system now, and it's not because of Colorado residents.

Take for example a forum has many thousands of members where the MANY have no idea how to pull it off and are using the info gleaned to skip the process of doing it one's self. Up until 25 years ago, that was part of the adventure. Now it's hit the easy button, "I don't have time off to put boots on the ground and scout 1,000 miles from home". Well, maybe a home state would be more appropriate. Other states besides the west have hunting...

As well, witness a thread (or more) a day in this forum about "where to go", "don't want to know where to go, but when's the best time to go", "what rifle do I build for my first trip to Colorado (or insert another western state), I need 800 yard capability", et al.

Very good folks make those posts, but are forcing the hand of the CPW with every thread and creating their own downfall for opportunity.

Good on my home state for what they are doing as a start. If it wasn't for the Information Age, it wouldn't need doing, so reap what is sown and don't complain.
I’m just glad they pulled their head out of they ass on this one

Hnthrdr

WKR
I had better bow out of this thread now..
Okay I talked to a financial buddy of mine. I’m looking at all tags, you guys are looking at 35 or now 25 percent of tags which is your “total” allotment. I see where you are coming from now, though that doesn’t account for tags that go 2nd choice or folks buying lo plo tags. We were looking at it very differently

KsRancher

WKR
Okay I talked to a financial buddy of mine. I’m looking at all tags, you guys are looking at 35 or now 25 percent of tags which is your “total” allotment. I see where you are coming from now, though that doesn’t account for tags that go 2nd choice or folks buying lo plo tags. We were looking at it very differently
I said I was done. But yes, NR tag numbers went down 28.6% and R tag numbers went up 15.4% in just those units that went LE. Amd I mentioned the 1st choice apps in my first post on this thread. As far as the LO PLO tags go. They can go to 100% residents if you guys are willing to buy them.

Like I have mentioned several times on different post. I have no problem with NR OTC archery going away or the 65/35 going to 75/25. Just wanting to make a point that it's not the "smallest of changes". Like I said earlier. A 28.6% reduction in pay would be absolutely horrible. And a 15.4% increase in pay would be HUGE!

EDIT. I am wrong when I said R can end up with 100% of the LO tags. There are some NR landowners that aren't going to sell their tags. And some R landowner tags that are going to sell them to NR.

Not great at math… but that 10% change… would result in a… 10% change… not sure where the 28.5 is coming from? Also, it’s usually more like 60/40 when you account for NR paying for LO tags, and often the 75/25 isn’t met so NR will can draw more than the 25 percent.
New allocation-previous allocation divided by the previous allocation x 100.

25 - 35 = -10. -10/35 x 100 = -28.57. That is a 28.57% decrease.

75 - 65 = 10. 10/75 x100 = 13.3. That is a 13.3% increase.

This is just a ploy from residents to keep building points while hunting. Thats all this is.
This talking point doesn't even make sense.

Ploy? You realize that as long as there are leftover/reissue and OTC rifle tags available they can collect points and still hunt every year right? The manner of take and sex of animal might not be preferred but there is still opportunities to hunt and not use points. This goes for residents and NR alike. So regardless of whether they get rid of OTC archery completely it doesn't mean they will cause people to use their points.

As a NR there will be very slim pickings without using points as you are at the mercy of the 75/25 and 80/20 splits. Opportunities are available though.

NR have had substantial perks in Colorado for a very long time. Sorry not sorry that they are getting limited. It should have happened a very long time ago.

I also don't mind the point collectors as collecting points means they are not actively participating for a tag I might want. So go ahead and collect points!