CPW releases map of potential wolf reintroduction area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okhotnik

WKR
Strictly discussing management - I guess you either trust the biologists or the politicians and judges. I tend to side with the biologists as they have boots on the ground and are in touch with the actual situations. Politicians and judges are just appealing to voters and money. It seems simple but for some reason there are those that can't see the problem with that.
Unfortunately wildlife management has been infiltrated by those who oppose hunting and using sportsmen as a tool for management

Okhotnik

WKR
Big wolf and their agenda...

Clearly there is not agreement on wolves being over the objective.
Are wolves over their agreed upon objective when they were introduced in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan? And they are close or over their objective in Oregon and Washington. And I have attended many wolf meetings in Washington. They will never allow management of wolves in these states

49ereric

WKR
Bear is a bear though based on wolf logic. Wonder what the wolf lovers will say when in 10 years the Mexican gray wolf is extinct because of the reintroduction filtering down from CO to NM in time, think there are less then 200 Mexican grays roaming AZ and NM.
Nature will sort it all out like it has been doing since before people were here.

49ereric

WKR
Are wolves over their agreed upon objective when they were introduced in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan? And they are close or over their objective in Oregon and Washington. And I have attended many wolf meetings in Washington. They will never allow management of wolves in these states
Wolves were not introduced in Minnesota cuz they never were exterminated despite locals attempts.

49ereric

WKR
Aren’t we part of nature? Hence reintroducing a different species to replace an extinct one expecting results from 100’s of years ago, don’t think nature intended to settle this one.
Grey wolves were in Colorado before being extermination plus subspecies of wolves.
The subspecies were not exterminated by the grey wolf but by man.
People work against nature so many are not part of it IMO.
Locals will shoot every wolf they see and with night scopes there is no hiding.
Relax.

Wolves were not introduced in Minnesota cuz they never were exterminated despite locals attempts.

Which is why it's ridiculous that they are still listed as endangered. They had bounties on them in MN almost up until they were listed but now a regulated hunting season is somehow going to push them to the brinks? Complete nonsense.

Laramie

WKR
Wolves in Colorado have not been exterminated so why are they introducing them there? There is strong evidence their population is actually growing.

49ereric

WKR
Which is why it's ridiculous that they are still listed as endangered. They had bounties on them in MN almost up until they were listed but now a regulated hunting season is somehow going to push them to the brinks? Complete nonsense.
Reservations allow no hunting and many people are against it. Locals hate them of course except for me.

kentuckybowman

Lil-Rokslider
If they put those wolves that close to the divide by denver someone needs to leave a meat/blood trail over the mountain to denver and boulder. lead the wolves to their worshipers and let them feast.

slick

WKR
Statements like that are as absurd as this re-introduction effort.

Love that a wild dog bring out the best in people.

slick

WKR
That I can agree with. Will it take 5 years? 30 years? 72 years?

I am most interested to see the following:
1) How long it takes for the bigger dogs to run to the SW states with relative frequency?
2) What the wolfie folk will do in response?
2a. will it become devisive? Mexi dog folks vs. Grey dog folks?
2b. will it then be considered natural?
3) The first documented Grey wolf kill of a Mexi wolf.
4) The first documented successful breeding of the two.
5) The hunter's response to the new super hybrid species and what sort of stupid statements our side will say. Should be laughable.

Either way it will functionally lead to the extinction of the Mexican Red Wolf in the united states through cross breeding and competition

I've pointed out the same a number of times. I get to thinkin though, if we say "there's already wolves in CO naturally, they will get there anyway" isn't that basically saying they'll eventually put an end to the mexican red wolf just on a longer timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord