CPW releases map of potential wolf reintroduction area

Status
Not open for further replies.

49ereric

WKR

non invasive unless you are anti wolf it seems.
i understand people don’t want wolves but they were part of nature until eradicated by man.
Even without reintroduction the wolves will find their way there.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
fish and wolves are kinda different me tinks 😂

Not at all, one is native and one is not. That would be like dropping mule deer from Colorado into Southern California and saying “meh, they’re all mule deer who cares” but they’re not, they’re different subspecies designed to exist in different environments.

Absolutely.
No arguing with that logic.

non invasive unless you are anti wolf it seems.
i understand people don’t want wolves but they were part of nature until eradicated by man.
Even without reintroduction the wolves will find their way there.
What would you expect from a state agency? They have to toe the line even though they were against the introduction all along.

I’m not anti wolf, I’m anti introducing a non native species for the sake of Denver and Boulderites who will never be affected by it but want a chance to see a wolf.

The wolves have already found their way here, so be it, they’re attempting to fill a void that was caused, in large part, by the state of Colorado and the federal government 70+ years ago.

And with that I’m done, I won’t convince you you’re wrong and you won’t convince me I’m wrong.

SwiftShot

WKR
As a CO resident, and one that lives on the western slope, I have yet to meet a single person in favor of this nonsense. I can assure you that there will be a lot of wolves shot by landowners due to disdain for the governments actions.
I would luke to point out wolves get destimper. If a dog with distemper happened to be found by a wolf. Well the whole pack is done and distemper lives in the soil for I think decades.

Okhotnik

WKR
Like how there's no NR tags in Alaska?
Lets compare hunting seasons for wolves in Alaska and Washington, Oregon, Michigan, Wisconsin after they introduced wolves .

Can you trap and shoot wolves from planes in those states? Can you even legally shoot a wolf in those states? Will Colorado allow trapping wolves and shooting them from planes and helicopters? How much trapping is done in liberal Colorado? Can you hunt bears with dogs or bait bears in Colorado?

clueless as usual
lol

parshal

WKR
Trapping was made illegal in Colorado years ago by ballot initiative. Only license businesses can trap.

Okhotnik

WKR
Trapping was made illegal in Colorado years ago by ballot initiative. Only license businesses can trap.
Wow I m shocked that would happen in Colorado. Im sure once wolves start affecting elk herds they will surely allow sound and proven management of them.

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
That would be like dropping mule deer from Colorado into Southern California and saying “meh, they’re all mule deer who cares” but they’re not, they’re different subspecies designed to exist in different environments.

Un-related to the topic of this thread but still a fun fact, we actually do have Rocky Mountain Mule Deer in Southern California. Introduced in like 1945 to the desert areas out here. But that doesnt mean itd be a good idea to introduce non-native wolves to Colorado, if there gonna be there it should happen naturally. Im sure california will follow suit soon too, even though we already have wolves coming back into california.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Un-related to the topic of this thread but still a fun fact, we actually do have Rocky Mountain Mule Deer in Southern California. Introduced in like 1945 to the desert areas out here. But that doesnt mean itd be a good idea to introduce non-native wolves to Colorado, if there gonna be there it should happen naturally. Im sure california will follow suit soon too, even though we already have wolves coming back into california.
Yup, I know the unit you’re speaking of and it was largely deer free until they put them there, the old guys I grew up hunting with talked about them doing the same thing in D16/19 back in the 40’s also.

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, I know the unit you’re speaking of and it was largely deer free until they put them there, the old guys I grew up hunting with talked about them doing the same thing in D16/19 back in the 40’s also.

Yea im amazed they were able to survive that environment. More survivable in 16/19 probably except for the lions. Can't say i woulda complained to have them there tho deer hunting SoCal kinda suuuuccckkkks lol.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
I can't figure out for the life of me.. why they won't get dumped into Estes and RMNP...What I would think of as prime wolf habitat.

I know the answer, and Colorado doesn't want its prime elk tourist areas to see the real effect of wolves.

Better dump them on the Western Slope away from the metro!

49ereric

WKR
I can't figure out for the life of me.. why they won't get dumped into Estes and RMNP...What I would think of as prime wolf habitat.

I know the answer, and Colorado doesn't want its prime elk tourist areas to see the real effect of wolves.

Better dump them on the Western Slope away from the metro!
Wolves will find there way there if enough survive the local residents and their rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.