Cow Elk Outfitter 2023- Colorado/NM/WY

Looking to rifle hunt with an outfitter for cow elk in 2023. Looking at this strictly as a meat hunt. I don't care about accommodations or the fluff, just somewhere that has a high success rate for cow tags that isn't going to break the bank. Horseback or on foot is also fine with me.

OP
streetdoctor
Bump. Anyone? Is recommending a good outfitter now the same as recommending a unit to hunt? 😂

Last edited:

wytx

WKR
Look up southern Wyo outfitters and they will have cow hunts and most are good folks. Find one that fits your bill and come back and ask about experiences with them.

Iron Mountain Outfitters, Tyler Sims, Wy-con, Spur Outfitters , Triple Three, Cross C Ranch, Real Western Hunting all have cow hunts I believe. Some easier to draw than others for cow tags.

This is serious answer and question: the price you’ll pay outfitter and processor, you could have simply bought meat.

Just looking @ from diff angle.

Why not bull ? Save some money, buy meat, then go for bull.

Or go DIY.

Truly trying to be helpful via diff perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
streetdoctor
After looking at my CC bill with my son's successful cow hunt, I can definitely say Wagyu steaks would have been the budget decision.

Can't buy memories though so it was definitely worth it!
$2000 cow hunt seems reasonable in Colorado. The bull i shot in 2021 was 280ish lbs if I remember correctly. At $10+/lb for ground farm raised elk. $2000 doesn't seem bad. I'm not paying more than that. I archery hunt colorado the entire month of September, 3rd rifle, and 4th with my wife. This is simply looking for a way to allow myself to be more picky during my September hunt. You can't kill a bull if you shoot a cow first...

Last edited:

@streetdoctor

Did you find a cow tag? PM me if you are interested in a NM cow tag for GMU45 (just east of Santa Fe and southeast of Taos.

FYI, this tag (if still available) is valid for NM residents only.

Last edited: